I made this chubby unicorn to be sure the pattern worked up without any issue. My bff from my freshman year of high school recently self-published a book, and she named the main character after me! I got a signed copy of the book from her, and in return, I want to make her a unicorn (one of the other characters in her book).
The pattern mostly worked up without issue. I got a little confused on the feet, but once I realized what was being asked of me, I was able to do a little frogging and they turned out just fine. I like that the head, body, and legs are all worked as one piece. The ears, horn, and mane are the only separate pieces, and they’re super easy to attach. The eyes are French knots.
The pattern writer suggests using cotton yarn, and I ignored that and used acrylic. That’s why I think mine came out a little chubby. I think I will try to find a grey variegated cotton to use for the body on the next one (If anyone has suggestions for variegated grey yarn in 100% cotton, I’d love a link! Sport or worsted weight would be fine).