Chubby Unicorn

I made this chubby unicorn to be sure the pattern worked up without any issue. My bff from my freshman year of high school recently self-published a book, and she named the main character after me! I got a signed copy of the book from her, and in return, I want to make her a unicorn (one of the other characters in her book).

The pattern mostly worked up without issue. I got a little confused on the feet, but once I realized what was being asked of me, I was able to do a little frogging and they turned out just fine. I like that the head, body, and legs are all worked as one piece. The ears, horn, and mane are the only separate pieces, and they’re super easy to attach. The eyes are French knots.

The pattern writer suggests using cotton yarn, and I ignored that and used acrylic. That’s why I think mine came out a little chubby. I think I will try to find a grey variegated cotton to use for the body on the next one (If anyone has suggestions for variegated grey yarn in 100% cotton, I’d love a link! Sport or worsted weight would be fine).

15 Likes

Adorable! Totally envious of folks who crochet and are able to follow amigurumi patterns :slight_smile:

1 Like

Adorable! :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

1 Like

I LOVE the chubby unicorn! :unicorn::hamburger::heartpulse:

1 Like

That. Is. ADORABLE!

1 Like

Not sure what the pattern is “supposed” to look like but your chubby version is super dang cute! .
Would you share the pattern source?

1 Like

That is cool most of it works up in one piece. the part I hate about amigurumi is all the attaching and weaving in ends.

I love the chubby unicorn.

3 Likes

Adorable - Love the chubbiness!

1 Like

Glad to see there is diversity among unicorns…makes me love them more…you did a fine job and thanks for sharing some of your process and thoughts…love that…

Congrats to your friend for being published!

4 Likes

The pattern is by MadToymaker on Etsy. She has some very darling patterns. :heart:

He’s very cute!

1 Like

Such a pleasantly plump, pretty, pink Unicorn!

1 Like

I actually love his chubby shape, it adds character. So cute!

1 Like

He is plump and perfect. Very cool about your friend’s book!

1 Like

I have a thing for fat unicorns. They crack me up. This one is prefect! Love his chubbiness.

3 Likes

Adorable unicorn! And how wonderful that that you got a character named up after you :smiley: and that your friend receives something in return :smiley: I think the unicorn looks amazing

1 Like