Chunky Houses Halloween Edition 2023; SO October 16th

Partner info has been sent. :derelict_house:

4 Likes

I make little changes to my spreadsheets every year and this one had a bit of an overhaul. I think Iā€™m going to like this. Also I used Halloween colors to separate participants :orange_heart: :purple_heart:
Just commenting on silly, behind-the-scenes stuff.

2 Likes

And I am loving it btw! The colors are very spirited. :ghost:

1 Like

Oh ha! Yeah, thereā€™s the one online then I keep one on my comp as well. Itā€™s a bit more detailed.

3 Likes

Yay! Canā€™t wait to dive in this weekend!

2 Likes

Ideas are percolating as I stalk my partnersā€™ pinterestsā€¦

2 Likes

I had to remind myself what day we send out. Little under a month from today. I love seeing how everyone makes and decorates their houses.

I have ideas, but not sure how to implement one of them.

3 Likes

I just want to mention that I have a unique talent for overthinking and overcomplicating things.

Then I get SO literal. ā€œItā€™s called a chunky HOUSE. It has to LOOK like a house!ā€

Despite these limitations, Iā€™m making progress.

4 Likes

I totally relate to this!

1 Like

You know who would be good at this? Somebody who works with paper a lot!

Iā€™m raiding my fabric stash and kitchen for materialsā€¦

2 Likes

I made headway today on finding my craftroom again! I knew it was ther somewhere under all the boxes and fabric and stuff. I found the floor and can now get to my counter. But I have to do some more excavating to find the top of it. Then I can start making some spooky chunky houses.

I still get stuck on ā€œchunkyā€. I want to start with a chunk of wood. But I do love the fact that you can mail these little gems.

2 Likes

I worked on one all day today and just finished it! I love it. Going to sketch out ideas for the second!

1 Like

You can totally envelope something sturdy with fabric, if that is an easier medium for you!

Iā€™m happy so far. I suppose I could do a scrappy quilty house if I get stuckā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™m having my usual post-project doubt. How chunky is TOO chunky? If I want to send with some extra padding in a large mailer (or :dizzy_face: a small box) will that anger the swap gods? :joy::clown_face::upside_down_face:

Haha, thatā€™s totally fine. I usually send mine in padded mailers.

1 Like

Iā€™ve received very thin ones and very thick ones, and ones with 3D embellishments. One was a 3/4" piece of wood. So yeah, go for it.

2 Likes

I just slapped myselfā€¦ :laughing:

1 Like

Carol is right. There has been all sorts of houses received. ā€œHousesā€ is a loose term, itā€™s more like ā€œchoose your own adventureā€ within the guidelines of 5x7 and your partnerā€™s Q.

3 Likes

Thanks, yā€™all! In that case, Iā€™m feeling great about this project. :smiley:

1 Like