Circuit board bug

I’ve been in a buggy/insect mood lately. I came across these really cool computer circuit insects and just thought they were the neatest things ever.

Sometime around day 60 of lockdown I took apart 2 broken laptops for the heck of it. After making a ton of shrinky dink bug jewelry, I decided to combine the circuit boards I had scavenged from the laptops and my method for making shrinky dink insect wings to make my own version of computer circuit insects.

Need to clean up the glue a bit, but I’m impatient and wanted to take pics now.

I could wear it as a necklace but it’s a bit big for me. I’ll likely hang it in my office when I’m able to go to my office again.

37 Likes

That’s really cool!

1 Like

So cool!!!

1 Like

This is excellent

1 Like

This is soooo cool! Fwiw, I would absolutely wear that size as a necklace! …lemme know if you ever wanna do a personal trade! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

This is awesome! I love it! You’re such an artist!

1 Like

Ooooh I love it, that’s soooo cool!

I’ve got a bag full of circuit boards and stuff that I’ve had for years and years meaning to make jewellery with and I never got round to it so one day I really must have a play with it!

1 Like

That’s awesome! :smiley:

1 Like

This is really cool. I would have never thought I wanted bug jewelry or trinkets but something like this would be awesome to wear.

1 Like

I love everything about this!

1 Like

That’s so cool! Never would have thought it was made out of computer parts if you didn’t say so.

1 Like

Very pretty!

1 Like

That’s cool as all get out!

1 Like

Very pretty…good use of old stuff…love the wings!

1 Like

Awesome! And vaguely steam-punky looking!

1 Like

Congrats! Your Circuit Board Bug is one of this week’s featured projects. You rock!

1 Like

Very cool!

And congrats on the feature!

1 Like

Wow, that’s amazing! It kind of feels like it would flutter around some future post-apocalyptic world.

1 Like

it’s pretty and kinda cyberpunk!

1 Like

:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes: I love this one

1 Like