Circuit Board Quilt

My first finish of 2021 has come and gone, and it was a few firsts for me!
My goal was to complete the quilt in 2 weeks time, and I did it all in 13 days. Plus, I hadn’t ever combined paper piecing with traditional piecing in a quilt, nor had I used minky on the back of a quilt before. I shopped two local quilt shops for all the fabrics, and used a q’nique 21 to do the quilting :slight_smile:
pattern is circuit board quilt by flying parrot quilts

it has also been cat tested and cat approved! :heart_eyes_cat:

34 Likes

that is very cool! gorgeous work. lucky cat! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

That minky looks so soft and cozy. I LOVE this quilt. I love the colors and all the black fabrics. Awesome!!!

1 Like

Very cool pattern! Such a great idea :heart:

1 Like

That is gorgeous! Love the color and pattern and I’m super duper impressed at how fast you are.

1 Like

This looks sooooo coooool! And way cozier than an actual circuit board.

1 Like

I love that pattern! And impressive that you used minky without losing your mind - not my favorite fabric to feed through a sewing machine.

2 Likes

Stunning!

1 Like

Ooh, nice! I like the pattern & colors. :green_heart:

1 Like

Ooo…very cool! Love the plush backing.

1 Like

it totally helped that it was on a long arm and NOT my janome.
I made a few car seat canopies a few years back, and while they were cute in the end, there were absolutely a whole lot of swear words in my brain.

1 Like

It is gorgeous!

1 Like

Amazing! Nice job!

1 Like

Congrats, your project is featured this week!

1 Like

This is gorgeous!! I’m such a sucker for geometric and organic shapes in harmony. But cat praise is really the only approval that matters.

1 Like

right?
totally the toughest critics 99% of the time

1 Like

I cannot let my son see this post or he would freak out and want me to make one for him. Son, I do not quilt.

1 Like

That looks incrediballs! I love the different black backgrounds too, adds just the right amount of interest to frame all the lovely vibrant green. Super cool project!

1 Like

Ooooo I have this pattern too…and I have not yet braved the paper piecing of it!! lol. This is fantastic. It came out GORGEOUS!! <3

1 Like

I love your circuit board quilt!

1 Like