Circus Mixed Media Shrine

(Wasn’t really sure where mixed media would go, so hopefully this is correct. If not, please correct me!)

I don’t know about everyone else, but I love the circus. LOVE it! So much so, that I was offered an opportunity to travel with the circus back when I was 19 that I turned down because, responsibility. wistful sigh

Anywho, I assembled this piece to try to fill the hole in my heart left when Ringling and then one of our local circuses closed. I used the lid from a $2 wooden cigar box I picked up from Michaels, a copious amount of fine glitter and mod podge, scrap fabric and bric a brac, papers from the hobby lobby circus paper pack (that I snagged on clearance!), and people from alpha stamps collage sheets and papers I received from @racky in a swap a million years ago.

It’s about 5"x10", maybe 12" if I count the flag. :slight_smile:

30 Likes

This is so great! I could spend hours looking at it. So much awesome going on.

2 Likes

Wow! So amazing and detailed!

1 Like

Oh gosh, I love it! It’s all the mayhem and magic of the circus, just a tiny bit smaller. :smiley:

1 Like

:heart:!!! You’ve totally captured the spirit of circus, totally amazing!

1 Like

I LOVE this! Oh man, I could look a hundred times and still not be finished. Cool.

2 Likes

Wow, what a fabulous job you did on this! I love all the details.

1 Like

Thank you all so much! It lives on my studio wall and it makes working in there even more fun. :slight_smile:

I especially love that glittery background. I just love that color blue against the red and white stripes. It makes the whole thing pop and is very fun.

1 Like

This is amazing! So much going on for the eyes to wander about. Beautiful.

1 Like

Wow, such an amazing piece, the detail is gorgeous

1 Like

Beautiful! There are so many details, it almost inspires me to want to try a 3-D “Where’s Waldo?” type shrine… hmmmm.

1 Like

Yess!! I hope you do, because that would be the bees knees!

1 Like

Very very cool (Danni-quee?..sp??)

1 Like

That’s me!! Hullo, friend! It’s been a long while. :green_heart:

@Danni it really has! I still have a lovely art piece you made me, hanging in my bedroom. I’m so thrilled to see you back. :grinning:

1 Like

This is so fun!

1 Like

This is fantabulous! I love the circus theme!!!

1 Like

This is fabulous!!! I also LOVE the circus. In fact, when my honey and I finally tied the knot a few months ago we had a circus theme. This is fabulous. :circus_tent: :elephant::tiger2::balloon::popcorn::heart:

2 Likes

That was my thought exactly. Really neat use of the little figures!

1 Like