Citrus garland

This was fun and the house smells amazing! I’ll also be putting some branches up with it eventually!

Dried the citrus in the oven at 250 for a couple hours. Bells I found in temu.

25 Likes

I love the more natural holiday decor. It is lovely and I am sure smells wonderful…citrus and cinnamon…yummy!

2 Likes

Thats a lovely idea; I’m allergic to evergreen pollen, so we have a fake tree. This would add nice holiday scents. I live in the desert, I bet I don’t even need a drying oven.

5 Likes

I love this and must give it try!

3 Likes

It was like doing a simmer pot, but I got to use the ingredients after! Still smells great a day later :star_struck:

2 Likes

How gorgeous and festive! What type of citrus turned out so dark? It looks amazing in the perfect moody way!

2 Likes

I love the rustic look of your garland. The bells work perfectly!

2 Likes

it was just navel oranges but for some reason it caramelized while drying! maybe because I did them in the oven?

2 Likes

Well, whatever you did, they’re gorgeous! I love them so much. :slight_smile: Happy accident.

2 Likes

:horse: :cowboy_hat_face: :cow2: YeeeeEEEHAWW! Your super great craft is one of this week’s Featured Projects! :horse: :cowboy_hat_face: :cow2:

2 Likes

This is one of those times I wish I could smell through the computer. I love the natural appeal of this garland!

4 Likes

Thank you all!!!

1 Like

Here it is with the garland!

5 Likes

Beautiful! it looks so pretty with the garland!

I love the smells of Christmas! I hope it still smells awesome by the time I get there! If I must, I’ll get a chair and stand on it with my face all up in there until I’m satisfied! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I bet they smell amazing! This is the epitomy of Christmas. Looks amazing.

2 Likes

This is next level garland-ing! I was thinking about doing citrus, but you added the cinnamon and bells… it looks marvelous.
Are you going to make the oranges that have the cloves stuck in them? I remember making one of those at school when I was a kid.
Oooo, now I want to make the pinecone/peanut butter/birdseed feeders as well!

Thanks for all the memories and inspiration!

3 Likes

What a cool idea! Really pretty and festive!

2 Likes

I love making the pinecone bird feeders! I do something similar for my chickens.

2 Likes

Add this newbie to the “love it” list. Almost my whole house is western/rustic so this would look perfectly natural here.

2 Likes