COMPLETE: Handmade Journals Swap SO:September 19, 2020

I like the way you think!

Back when I was a drinking girl, this would have been perfect!

But it does give me the idea for a wine journal or two for sisters and friends.

1 Like

The cover could have a pocket that holds a corkscrew!

And in case anyone needs to know, the idea wasn’t something I myself want. :wink:

I am having a hard time starting on this one. I have a PoT (pile of things). But no start. Lots of ideas so I guess I just have to wait for that inspired moment. I do have to finish another swap, so that might spur me on. Awesomeness just hast to come when it comes!

2 Likes

Hey, everyone is so quiet here. I need a push to get started. Most of the journal is in my head, which makes it hard for anyone else to access. Can I send my head as a swap item? Scary!

My project beginnings are currently buried under other swap bits. But I’m finishing up a swap item and can start on the journal. Ideas are coming together.

2 Likes

I signed up for several swaps and trying to get them completed in order of dead lines. So I am finishing up the Happy Mail swap this weekend and will be starting on the journal swap this weekend and then next weekend I have a 4 day weekend so will have plenty of time to get it done. So far I only have some vague ideas about the cover ( I know what materials I am using and how to bind it altogether but not how I’m decorating exactly). but think I know how/what I am doing inside.

I’m still waiting for supplies to arrive. I’ve invested in a book press and some book board but the delivery dates keep getting pushed back! It’s frustrating. The mail system is pretty messed up I guess.

I am happy to say that I finally started the signatures during yesterday’s zoom Meeting though. It’s a fun creative outlet!

I have this on the back burner - I’m trying to finish Happy Mail first and get that sent next week. And I go back to work on Wednesday so I’ll use the 3-day weekend to finish the book. I did purchase two hard cover books at Goodwill but haven’t decided on a cover idea yet.

I’m working on the pages before I bind it all together. I have a clear idea of how I WANT it to turn out, here’s hoping I can make it work that way… In any case I’m having fun so I hope that counts for anything :sweat_smile:

1 Like

It sounds as if we all got swap crazy. I needed these swaps, but I signed up for 3 with similar deadlines. Whoa. I’ve had my fix so I’ll try to be more controlled in the future (laughing uproariously in the background).

4 Likes

Is there any possibility of an extension? Like several others I signed up for multiple swaps with send outs all close together. I had planned out my timeline and was doing well but last week I was super busy and didn’t get to craft a lot and it’s thrown me off schedule.

2 Likes

I managed to finish my journal. I had to relearn a binding stitch for probably the third time, but it came together nicely. My DW said “you are sending this away???” That’s the problem with making stuff you like. It’s hard to give up. But I packaged it up and it is ready for the PO tomorrow. Back to mask making.

4 Likes

Yes, is a week enough? I’ll change the date. Let me know if you need more time.

2 Likes

Hi, I totally need more time. It’s been a challenging week for me and I haven’t been able to craft at all. I made the signatures and have a concept for binding but haven done it yet. I’m so sorry!

Thanks! That is great. I appreciate it.

I can even move it to Monday 9/21, if that gives everyone more breathing room.
Let me know.

1 Like

I was mainly hoping to get all of next weekend to craft so extending to the 19th works for me!

I have my signatures gathered. I plan on sewing them tomorrow night while zoom crafting with friends. I know how I will assemble everything and have all the parts for the cover cut out. I just have to decorate and I know already I am going to need plenty of drying time for different phases.

I get that from my husband too! Sometimes I have to make another thing the same to keep …

I’m not in this swap but I’m stalking you all and looking forward to seeing the gallery!!

1 Like

That would be helpful for me… There are fires happening nearby and I’m going on vacation soon, so I’m stressing about all of that… I just have a little left to do but having breathing room would be super helpful for me.

1 Like

I made good progress last night and I am liking how things are turning out but I am thankful for the extra time because now I can let things dry longer.

1 Like