CLOSED: Harry Potter Craftalong - Midsummer 2020

~ ADVANCED STUDIES PROPOSAL ~
Project Name: Stash Busting Hygge Holiday Throw
House: Gryffindor!
Brief Description: I’m attempting to transfigure as much of my stash as possible into useful objects. A friend gave me 10 skeins of Sugar Bush Yarns Canoe, in Purple Rain. While 10 sounds like a lot, it wasn’t quite enough to make a blanket, but was too much to make much else. So I scrounged up a few skeins in Pink Paddle from Zulily, to have enough to make the Hygge Holiday Throw. I’m not sure who it will go to when it’s done, but I’m sure I’ll find someone who needs a cozy afghan to snuggle with.

1 Like

Love the pizza fabric!

Oh my… I’m not doing well with my Advanced Study. Another week with no progress! I got side tracked, getting to know my new-to-me sewing machine, making masks… :: SIGH ::

Advanced study update: I’ve made pom poms, a bunch of them, and still not enough. But at least I’ve begun.

2 Likes

Class or Challenge Title: Flying
House: :lion: Gryffindor! :lion:
Project Name & Page Link: Paris Pouch
Brief Description: Something inspired by a place you’d like to visit in Wizarding, Muggle or fictional world.
I made this clear front pouch in the Common Ground swap. I would LOVE to go back to Paris one day, I only had 2 days there the first time. It was SO beautiful :heart_eyes:
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Quidditch Cup - Ballycastle Bats
House: :yellow_heart: Gryffindor! :heart:
Project Name & Page Link: Clear Front Pouch
Brief Description: Craft something that you have had success with in the past.
I really enjoyed making the first clear front pouch, so I made another for myself :smiley:
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Book Club - Ch 14; Norbert
House: :yellow_heart: Gryffindor! :heart:
Project Name & Page Link: Frog and Toad Tags
Brief Description: Something you will pass on to a friend.
I was so happy to make friends with @grenouille78 in the Common Grounds swap. We both shared a love of the classic characters Frog and Toad and I was very happy to make these tags for her. I had SUCH fun making them, and it really got me back into paper craft.
Project Picture:
frog and toad tags

Class or Challenge Title: Quidditch Cup - Sweetwater All-Stars :: Scrappy Crane Blocks
House: :lion: Gryffindor! :lion:
Project Name & Page Link: This is the pattern I used - but there are lots out there on the internet
Brief Description: Something that incorporates the number 5; 5 of the same item.
I’m part way through a private swap with a friend. I’m going to make a few scrap fabric baskets as the finished product and I’ll be sending along the scrappy cranes in a variety of colours so she can continue to make some more baskets for herself :slight_smile:
Project Picture:

4 Likes

Great projects! I love that maker fabric!

1 Like

Now I know where all of the projects are “hidden”!!! WOW…you guys have quite a gallery here…we need to promote this page…I am blown away at the food, the sewing, the art,…fantastic stuff!!!

4 Likes

Those cranes are amazing! In the dead space, we did quilt block swap and that was one of the blocks…

1 Like

Class or Challenge Title: Quidditch - Fitchberg Finches
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name & Page Link: Batch o’ Dresses
Brief Description: I needed to make a lot of doll dresses at once, so I put on a good podcast and several hours later (with some breaks for regular weekend activities) I had a batch of seven dresses sewn.

5 Likes

**Class or Challenge Title: DADA
**House: Hufflepuff
**Project Name & Page Link: Hardly Working
**Brief Description: I’ve been playing around a lot in Procreate on the iPad, getting tips from classes on Skillshare and experimenting with different styles. It’s definitely getting me through this plague! Despite the name of this piece, it actually took me hours.
**Project Picture:

4 Likes

**Class or Challenge Title: Muggle Studies
**Project Name & Page Link: Practice Bookshelf
**Brief Description: I’ve been playing around a lot in Procreate and taking classes in Skillshare. This class asked me to make a bookshelf with several objects on it, making sure they were all different heights and overlapped each other to look more natural. Each object is in a different layer in Procreate so I can move them around the picture.
**Project Picture:

3 Likes

**Class or Challenge Title: Quidditch- Sumbawanga Sunrays
**Project Name & Page Link: Flying Free mandala
**Brief Description: This mandala has motifs that remind me of birds as well as motifs I saw in the hospital room when a family member had a medical procedure done recently. I was working on this mandala while waiting for the family member to recover and it came to symbolize flying free from the hospital to me! As you can see, there are lots of loops and swirls.
**Project Picture:

2 Likes

**Class or Challenge Title: Quidditch- Chudley Cannons
**Project Name & Page Link: Acrylic Pours
**Brief Description: More Procreate + Skillshare art from me! I have really enjoyed learning how to make these digital acrylic pours. There is so much less waste and mess for a complicated-looking, pretty result! I have no idea how long these took, so I’m submitting all three at once.
**Project Picture:

2 Likes

**Class or Challenge Title: Quidditch- Stonewall Stormers
**Project Name & Page Link: Smoke Creatures
**Brief Description: So you know how sometimes crafts just happen? The black and white piece with three creatures came first. It started as acrylic pour practice and the smokey swirls reminded me of creature shapes, so I tugged at the curves to refine them and added glowing eyes. Then I created the colored pieces the same way. Storms and clouds definitely influenced these!
**Project Picture:

1 Like

hourglasses
:zap: Headmistress Jennie casts the House Points Charm! :zap:

1 Like

:zap::sun_behind_small_cloud::trophy: Summer Quidditch Announcement! :trophy::sun_behind_small_cloud::zap:

Reminder: This round of the summer quidditch season will end tonight at midnight, Headmistress Time (US - Central Standard Time). A new round of prompts will be posted tomorrow!

1 Like

Class or Challenge Title: Quidditch #3 Holyhead Harpies
House: Slytherin
Project Name & Page Link: Laundry hamper
Brief Description: I have no idea where I had this bed sheet from, I only knew that I didn’t want to throw it away, and that nobody would want it either, so I put it in the basement with the rest of the things that I wanted to use one day. The day has finally come for this football bed sheet. Out of one bed sheet I was able to make two “bags” for my laundry hamper, so I no longer have to take it with me all the way from the second floor to the basement, now I can just change the bag in the basket. I made two tall bags which will stay on the second floor, and one that I can hang on the wall as I open the basement door, because some time there are clothes that I need to wash but I don’t want to go up to the second floor and I don’t want ot throw it down the cellar stairs.
Project Picture:

1 Like

Class or Challenge Title: Quidditch #4 Moutohora Macaws:
House: Slytherin
Project Name & Page Link: Lamp
Brief Description: The lamp above the dining table at my bonus family stopped working, so during my vacation I was asked to help create a lamp. The log comes from a farm near by which they had for a while, it was sanded and drilled holes into. The jars are old ones which are still pretty nice, and the yute which was used to braid up the power cord with is who knows how many years old. We bought the lamp parts new as it’s best not to risk it on bad electrics, and the light bulbs will be a bit more decorative.
The only thing that is left is adding the power plug, and then they will be able to see their dinner again, but they wanted someone else to do the plug as they want to change the light switch to a dimmer.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Headmistress’ Challenge - August - Cockroach Clusters
Project Name & Page Link: Doll Dress
Brief Description: I have been saving this fabric for years hoping to figure out the perfect use for it. I gave up on perfect and just went with a “what would happen…” whim instead. The finished product wasn’t quite as good as I had hoped (just with where the roses actually fell) but I have plenty left-over for more experimentation.

Class or Challenge Title: Hermione’s Book Club - Chapter 13
Brief Description: The flat fabric made me think of dragon scales, but now that it’s 3-D I’m getting more Creature from the Black Lagoon vibes. Perfect for Halloween!

Class or Challenge Title: Quidditch - Ballycastle Bats
Brief Description: I have made a dress in this size out of this same fabric, so I knew it was going to be a winner.

Class or Challenge Title: Quidditch - Montrose Magpies
Brief Description: Black & White like a magpie, with an extra splash of metallic to appeal to their love of shinies.

Class or Challenge Title: Quidditch - Stonewall Stormers
Project Name & Page Link: Planner Spread
Brief Description: I’m not sure it shows up in this blurry pic, but the sticker kit I used for this week’s spread had a rainy theme - there’s umbrellas, slickers, and boots, plus windows looking out onto a wet day.

IMG_0379 (500x328)

2 Likes

Class or Challenge Title: Expecto Patronum - Masks, #3
House: Slytherin :snake: :thread:
Project Name & Page Link: Craft Passion Mask Tutorial
Brief Description: Spent a lot of time this weekend making masks. Was slow going in the beginning, with my bobbin snagging a lot. Things went much smoother when I figured out that I was using the wrong bobbin type! lol Here’s some fun Halloween masks.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Expecto Patronum - Masks, #4
Brief Description: This batch includes a couple child size masks for our friend’s kids.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Expecto Patronum - Masks, #5
Brief Description: I’m currently waiting on more shoelaces and PM2.5 charcoal filters to arrive from Amazon, then I’ll be mailing/delivering these to family and friends later this week.
Project Picture:

1 Like