Class or Challenge Title: DADA
Project Name & Page Link: Pumpkin Paisley Skirt
Brief Description: I bought some recycled sari wrap skirts from Darn Good Yarn. I love their skirts, but you are usually buying a mystery skirt. You send your size and length needs, and a note about your favorite colors, and one of the workers at the warehouse picks one out for you. In this instance I got two mystery skirts, and felt like the contrasting underskirts did NOT match the overskirts well, BUT they matched the OTHER skirt quite well. So I used my pointy & sharp seam ripper to take them apart, and sharp needles to sew them back together. Meanwhile since they are silk, they were very smooth and slippery. So the deep pumpkin underskirt of this one, was originally under the black & magenta of the next skirt. And the mauve seen in that one, was with this paisley. I think they match one another much better now.
Class or Challenge Title: Detention - WIP
Project Name & Page Link: Black & Purple Skirt
Brief Description: These poor skirts were WIPs for ages. I started the alterations in November, but the holidays came up, and then the site change, and it it took forever to get them finished. For this one, and the one above, I took the waist bands off, unstitched the layers, took out the poorly done French seams which had huge blobs of tan thread all over them, restitched the French seams, swapped the underskirts, took off about 15" of width around the body (they were a size too big), relayered them, reattached the waist bands, added new button holes, and hemmed them with a lettuce edge finish on my serger. Doesn’t the mauve look better under the black & magenta?
Class or Challenge Title: Detention - Reparo
Project Name & Page Link: Purple & Gold Skirt
Brief Description: This skirt wasn’t a mystery. I bought it in one of their FB live sales, knowing it was a size too big. I’m right in between their plus size and goddess size, so I decided to give goddess a try. It was just wayyy to much fabric for me. So I partially unstitched the waist band, cut off about 15" of width around the body, then restitched the new edges, reattached the waist band, shortened one end of the ties (the one that was now too long), and then hemmed both with a better thread match. You can’t tell from this picture, but the gold layer has heat set rhinestones around the hem. They’re so pretty!