CLOSED: Harry Potter Craftalong - Ostara 2021

Class or Challenge Title: Hermione’s Book Club - Chapter 9
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name & Page Link: Pretzel Bites - recipe is here - https://www.justataste.com/easy-homemade-soft-pretzel-bites-recipe
Brief Description: I love to bake and my mind, heart and soul all needed the joy and comfort of baking bread today. I have had pretzels on my to-bake list for some time, and today was the day. I went for bites, so I didn’t have the challenge of shaping on my first attempt. Definitely going to make these again - they are so tasty, and so much easier than I had imagined!
Project Picture:

4 Likes

Those look so good!

1 Like

This term seems to be off to a strong start! I even have a few to post- that’s unheard of! :slight_smile:

Class or Challenge Title: Book Club: Chapter 9
House: Slytherin
Project Name & Page Link:
Brief Description: I subscribed to a yarn of the month club and received my first box in January. The yarn comes with a pattern to make something using the amount in the box but I wasn’t feeling the planned project and instead decided to go off in my own direction and make some stuffed hearts instead. This is for one of the hearts.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: CoMC
Brief Description: I subscribed to a yarn of the month club and received my first box in January. The yarn comes with a pattern to make something using the amount in the box but I wasn’t feeling the planned project and instead decided to go off in my own direction and make some stuffed hearts instead. This is for the second of the hearts which has been mailed to a dear friend as a bit of Happy Mail. I went down a needle size and I think I like the shape of this one better. I definitely like that the stuffing isn’t as noticeable and I did a more invisible seam on this one so it is much less Frankensteiny than the first one turned out.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Detention: WiP
Brief Description: These yoga socks were meant to be a birthday gift back in September. I finished the first one and then Christmas Crafting took front and center. I returned to these puppies in January but did not actually finish them until yesterday with the tidying up of some loose stitches and weaving in ends. I am so relieved that they are done, packed up, and ready for the post office!
Project Picture:

3 Likes

Class or Challenge Title: Book Club Ch 9
House: Gryffindor!
Project Name & Page Link: Noon and Light Block
Brief Description: I should have spent this afternoon binding a quilt top that I finished quilting yesterday. Instead I made a new block to add to my growing pile. It’s what my heart wanted.
Project Picture:

2 Likes

Class: Potions
Project Name: Homework Tracker
Project Description: I’ve been watching some neat mixed media YouTubes lately, and I was inspired to overpaint an old homework organiser and collage it up to make a new one. I had a lot of fun painting over the picture of the woman painting! I collaged on the other pages, and then because I didn’t want to cover up my work, I ran an empty laminating pouch through my laminator and cut it into 2 pieces that would fit my layout and clipped them into place. I can use dry or wet erase marker to keep track of my projects now. I also have the class prompts clipped to the rightmost page.
Project Pics:

2 Likes

Class or Challenge Title: Book Club Ch 9
Project Name & Page Link: Barbie Outfit
Brief Description: Today I followed my heart and spent a relaxing morning crafting a new Barbie a top and leggings. I didn’t use a pattern, and it took a while to figure out how to gather the front, but I am happy with the end result.

4 Likes

@plaidpineapple that is a super cute outfit!!

A new Hermione’s Book Club prompt has been posted!

2 Likes

Question for you all… Do you guys enjoy the chapter recap for the Book Club prompts? Or do you just skim to the challenge?

I’m wondering if I should bother to write out the whole chapter summary, or if I should shorten it significantly, more in line with the class prompts.

1 Like

I really enjoy having an extra challenge but I kinda just skim to the challenge. :grimacing:

Don’t worry, no one is going to hurt my feelings if they don’t care about the text. :heart:

1 Like

Class or Challenge Title: Book Club Ch 10
House: Gryffindor!
Project Name & Page Link: Spiced Pear & Brown Sugar Galette
Brief Description: I’m all about faking it on this project. I love to bake, but I don’t care to make my own homemade pie crusts. I love refrigerated ready made crusts for when I want to make something quick and delicious. I’d far rather spend my time perfectly slicing pears. I used my favorite Apple Galette recipe, but substituted firm d’Anjou pears and Penzey’s Baking Spice blend for the cinnamon.
Project Picture:

2 Likes

Omg, that looks so good!

1 Like

I do read them, however my answer to your question is: if you don’t love writing them and it doesnt bring you joy then let that time go back to what you love to do. You do so much on this craftalong I want the time you spend here to be fulfilling and not chore-like.

5 Likes

@MistressJennie Crookshanks would be pleased to sit on that square and cover it in matching fluff. I love the design, varying patterns, and (as a cat-lover) the concept!

@seeuudee The entire concept of mustard was just waiting for these specific pretzels.

@AntBee Yoga socks are such a cool idea, and these are so very textured and pretty!

@Moonflame Your collage and the transparency idea are brilliant! That friendly whale seems so happy to cheer on all the things.

@plaidpineapple The doll-sized gathers, but also that miniscule hemming!

Class or Challenge Title: Detention - Reparo
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: ‘…there’s no wood,’ honestly!
Brief Description: I don’t have a proper thread organizer and prefer organic materials over plastic, so this was hours of procrastinating on other projects to untangle a snare of thread lurking about in dark corridors. Repurposed wee cedar box, cardstock from a photo album that came unbound, which had a bit of a vintage look. There’s just enough room for some thread scraps or a few needles on top of the cards, which are also sized for the small tin I use to hold scissors and whatnot for current projects. (But now I can’t buy more thread, because this only just fit.)
Project Picture:

4 Likes

@MistressJennie , ditto to @AntBee ! And that pie looks sooooo good!!!

@nettleseed Thank you! I love your thread box. What a great use of repurposed items, and it looks so tidy!

1 Like

Whilst I enjoy reading the recap, I think it is unlikely I would miss it if you choose to stop - do you enjoy doing it?

And that spiced pear pie looks amazing :heart_eyes:

Reminder: Our Valentine’s Craft Date is almost here!

:heart: :cupcake: :cupid: :kiss: :love_letter: :rose: Valentine’s Craft Date at Madam Puddifoot’s :rose: :love_letter: :kiss: :cupid: :cupcake: :heart:

Date: Saturday, February 13th
Time 3:00-5:00pm, CST (4:00pm EST, 1:00pm PST, 9:00pm Ireland/UK, 10pm Norway, 8:00am Australia)
What to Bring: A cup of tea & a treat (if you wish), and a craft project to work on.
How: Zoom!

HP Craftalong Valentines Craft Date.
Join Zoom Meeting https://us02web.zoom.us/j/83782532222?pwd=M3FqNGhVbzZ5UVUzNEgydnN2N3ptdz09
Meeting ID: 837 8253 2222 Passcode: 136414 One tap mobile +13462487799,83782532222#,*136414# US (Houston) +16699009128,83782532222#,*136414# US (San Jose) Dial by your location +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston) +1 669 900 9128 US (San Jose) +1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma) +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago) +1 646 558 8656 US (New York) +1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC) Meeting ID: 837 8253 2222 Passcode: 136414
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kc9UhQnUcK

4 Likes

It is highly unlikely that I will be able to join in, have fun!! If I get the chance I’ll try to pop in for a hello at least.

1 Like