CLOSED: Harry Potter Craftalong - Ostara 2022

:sparkles: :owl: :scroll: Note from the Headmistress: Reminder, the current Term of the HPC ends tomorrow night, at midnight Headmistress time. (Central Time, US.) All projects should be posted before then. The Midsummer Term will begin June 1st.

4 Likes

Class or Challenge Title: Apparition
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name & Page Link: Roach’s Cake with a 40 Orange Glaze
Brief Description: I made this round cake which is based on the cake Roach makes in the show Our Flag Means Death. The actor who portrays Roach posted his recipe to instagram and I followed it to bake this delicious cake.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Divination
Project Name & Page Link: Tiamat the Mother of Chromatic Dragons
Brief Description: I painted this “miniature” of Tiamat, a five headed dragon for the final battle of the D&D campaign I had been running. Each head was painted separately and then the mini was glued together.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Herbology
Project Name & Page Link: Hexie Baby Quilt
Brief Description: This is the baby quilt I made for our wonderful Mistress Jennie’s baby shower. One its wedges contains shades of red and pink, and the project as a whole made my heart happy. The pattern is by Jaybird Quilts.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: History of Magic
Project Name & Page Link: A Moroccan Vibes Wedding Quilt
Brief Description: I made this quilt for two of my friends getting married this past March. Not only was I not sure I was going to finish it in time to mail it to them in time for their wedding; but during the quilting, my machine started making a horrible grinding sound while finishing the last block. I was playing a game of chicken with my sewing machine. I did manage to complete the quilting, but the machine completely locked up and stopped working while attaching the binding. Fortunately I was able to finish the binding by hand and sent everything off in time.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Potions
Project Name & Page Link: Grogu Plush
Brief Description: I sewed up this little fleece Grogu for one of my friends’ kiddo, when they were having a though time with school. I hoped that it would give them some comfort and a buddy to cuddle with when things got difficult.
Project Picture:

8 Likes

Hahahaha…I love that you made the 40 orange glaze cake! :joy:

And of course I love Grogu!

1 Like

@tendstowardschaos & @melg78 - your AS proposals have been added to the log!

2 Likes

That cakes looks divine!

And the quilts…wow…both of the patterns are stunning! Do you do your own quilting on a regular machine?

hourglasses
:zap: Headmistress Jennie casts the House Points Charm! :zap:

Those quilts are amazing!

1 Like

I do my piecing on an Eversewn Sparrow, and I do my quilting on a Brother 1500s. The Brother is a straight stitch only machine, with a metal housing. It sews fast and is a beast.

3 Likes

:zap::heart::tada::sparkles::yellow_heart::woman_mage: End of Term Feast :mage::green_heart::sparkles::tada::blue_heart::zap:

Welcome to the End of Term Feast! I have checked the school hour glasses, and the points stand thusly…

hourglasses
:blue_heart: :eagle: Ravenclaw: 2 students, 175 points , for an average of 87.5 points per student. :eagle: :blue_heart:
:yellow_heart: :badger: Hufflepuff: 6 students, 865 points , for an average of 144.16 points per student. :badger: :yellow_heart:
:green_heart: :snake: Slytherin: 4 students, 770 points , for an average of 192.5 points per student. :snake: :green_heart:
:heart: :lion: Gryffindor: 2 students, 450 points , for an average of 225 points per student. :lion: :heart:

:trophy: :heart: :lion: Congratulations to Gryffindor House! :lion: :heart: :trophy:

This term of the Harry Potter Craftalong is now CLOSED!
The new Midsummer 2022 Term is now OPEN!

1 Like

Congrats, Gryffs!

Congratulations Gryffindor! :lion:

Congratulations, Gryffindor!