CLOSED: Harry Potter Craftalong - Ostara 2022

Oh man, I hardly got anything crafty done in the past couple months with the baby… Maybe Ostara will have more crafty time.

2 Likes

Advanced studies Friday:
The fabric was looked at, taken out of the project bin by the 3 year old intended recipient, unfolded and draped all around the diningroom. Then piled back up for now.

But, hey, it saw some sunlight! Haha

6 Likes

Advanced studies Friday: I’m working on the back of the Fifteen Stars quilt. I have four more of the star blocks to put together, then ten smaller blocks for the sides.

5 Likes

So many fantastic projects, loving all the blocks and quilting that is going on :smiley:

Class or Challenge Title: Detention - Advanced Studies
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name & Page Link: Memory teddies
Brief Description: Have been working on the 5 memory teddy bears, all arms are now complete.
Project Picture:
Before - all pieces were cut out

After - Arms are all ready to go, with joint piece ready to be attached to the body

7 Likes

Class or Challenge Title: Astronomy
House: Gryffindor
Project Name & Page Link: Spiral ‘Tie Dye’ Dishcloths
Brief Description: These spiral washcloths start from the inside, and work outward as you crochet. I didn’t use a specific pattern, I just started with a method to crochet a 3 color spiral, and kept going until they seemed to be a good washcloth size. I was trying to make them look like tie dye, so they are solid purple, solid navy, and a mixed color yarn that includes purple, navy, turquoise and white.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: DADA
Project Name & Page Link: Scrappy Star Dishcloths (Pattern done without edging)
Brief Description: These washcloths include spikes! 5 spikes per star to be exact. They were made last week when we had thunderstorms and I had to spend 2 days sitting on the couch holding my terrified dog. I didn’t have enough of any one dishcloth yarn to make a set, so I mixed and matched to stash bust some fun sets.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Herbology
Project Name & Page Link: Slow Cooker Bolognese Sauce
Brief Description: This sauce is definitely something red! I am continuing my quest to stock my freezer with dinners for when the baby arrives. The recipe for slow cooker bolognese looked good, and it suggested I should double it if I wanted to freeze some. I should have ignored that advice. LOL! It made way too much for a single crockpot, so I had to borrow the neighbor’s at the last minute, to fit all the ingredients in. It made dinner for Friday night, 8 dinners to freeze, and 1 extra quart to give my neighbor as a thank you for the loan. I’ve been freezing them flat, then standing them up on another shelf to make the best use of space.
Project Picture:

I made another crockpot recipe (Pork Carnitas for Tacos) last night, and I have one going right now (Salsa Verde Pulled Chicken), so there will be more posted soon. LOL

9 Likes

Class or Challenge Title: Divination
Project Name & Page Link: Slow Cooker Pork Carnitas Tacos
Brief Description: The pork in this recipe is shredded into fine lines before being used in tacos. It made dinner on Saturday, and five meals to freeze. (Apologies for the less than great photos. I forgot to snap pics of the tacos we made with it. They were so good, we just dove right in.)
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Headmistress - March
Project Name & Page Link: Salsa Verde Pulled Chicken
Brief Description: This recipe is very green. Or verde to be precise. It uses salsa verde and lime. It made dinner last night and two more to freeze. (Again with the lousy pic. My husband used his portion on tacos, and I used mine on a spinach salad.)
Project Picture:

6 Likes

I’m impressed with your fridge stocking!

My latest assignments:

Class or Challenge Title: Charms
House: Slytherin
Project Name & Page Link: Mended Wings
Brief Description: These dress-up wings were part of a hand-me-down box and have been a favorite item. The light nylon-like material is giving away and so I decided to give fixing them a go. I like how they came out, and foresee more mends in the future as the fabric continues to wear out.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Detention: Reparo
Project Name & Page Link: Mended bottoms
Brief Description: I spent some time this weekend working on reducing the mending pile. Two pairs of leggings (one for this prompt and one for Book Club below) and a pajama bottom got some embroidery to hide holes. I really need to do some sleuthing to figure out why all her pants are getting holes in the same spot on her hip…
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Hermione’s Book Club Ch 16
Project Name & Page Link: Star Leggings mend
Brief Description: These favorite leggings were getting a hole and I (tried) to mend the tear with a star shaped embroidery visible mend. Not fabulous execution, but she’s 3 and happy with it so… I’ll take that win.
Project Picture:

5 Likes

According to the site today is @FiberAlchemist ’s birthday! Happy cake day to you, i hope it’s full of chocolate frog cards and treacle tart!
:candy::lollipop::birthday::ice_cream::cookie::beers:

2 Likes

Happy birthday @FiberAlchemist! :champagne:

1 Like

Happy birthday, @FiberAlchemist !

1 Like

:sparkles: :owl: :scroll:
Note from the Headmistress…
I learned this past week that while my due date is April 5th or 6th, my doctor plans to induce me at 39 weeks, on either March 30th or 31st. (If I haven’t gone into labor before that!) Since I will probably have other things on my mind on April 1st, I’ve gone ahead and posted both the Headmistress Challenge and the Book Club prompts for April now. The dates show them as April 1-30, but I’m not picky about when you post them. If you post something that fits April’s prompt in March, that’s fine with me.

10 Likes

Happy Birthday @FiberAlchemist love meeting other Pisces :tada:

1 Like

Class or Challenge: Muggle Studies, Create something for your phone
Description: I needed a new wallpaper for my cellphone home screen. Someone shared Pantone colors based on your sun, moon, rising and venus signs today on twitter. I used the colors in my background. I pulled out words to inspire me for this year.
I used canva to create. I am posting a screenshot so you can see I’m using it already. It took about an hour to do.

3 Likes

Thank you for the birthday wishes, it’s been a lovely day.

2 Likes

Class: Alchemy
Project: WBD costume
Obviously inspired by a certain book that o think most of you will have read!
I drew the poster frame and the rest was just clothes I already had (I really try not to buy fancy dress wear as I know I won’t wear it again)

Class: herbology
Project: quick bookmarks
I had some bits of red card and lettered backing paper (which i had made) left over from an art class, so I whipped up a few bookmarks for our class tub

7 Likes

Class or Challenge Title: Apparition
House: Gryffindor!
Project Name & Page Link: Watermelon Dishcloths
Brief Description: We’ve had more storms, and that has meant more sitting on the couch, holding my neurotic dog. So I stash busted some more cotton dishcloth yarn. I had partial skeins of pink, white, and green, so these otherwise boring circle cloths became watermelons.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: House Unity
Project Name & Page Link: Greek Lemon Chicken Soup
Brief Description: Inspired by Hufflepuff, because of the bright yellow nature of the finished soup. (Achived through the use of egg yolks to make the soup creamy. I made a batch in our slow cooker on Wednesday, and made 4 more as freezer dump meals to add to my stash.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Muggle Studies
Project Name & Page Link: Chicken Satay Freezer Meals
Brief Description: I used my phone during the creation of these, referencing the recipe numerous times rather than print it out. It made 3 generous dinners to add to my freezer hoard.
Project Picture:

9 Likes

You are rocking that freezer meal prep!

2 Likes

@MistressJennie - you have been so busy stocking your freezer - and fantastic tip on freezing flat and standing upright! I have always used freezer boxes, which take up so much space :roll_eyes:

Class or Challenge Title: Apparition
Project Name & Page Link: Post with more details and link to the printables
Brief Description: The petals of the anemone are worked round the centre stamens
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Arithmancy
Brief Description: The carnations have to be worked from the centre out, adding the petals as you go
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Detention - Stash Challenge
Brief Description:
Project Picture: The vase made to hold all of the flowers was created entirely from stash materials

Class or Challenge Title: Divination
Brief Description: These leaves have fine lines printed into the design, to create a more realistic finish
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Herbology
Brief Description: These tulips are a gorgeous red
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: House Unity Challenge
Brief Description: These green leaves inspire thoughts Slytherin friends
Project Picture:

8 Likes

That is a seriously gorgeous bouquet of flowers. :astonished: They do not look like paper.

1 Like

Class or Challenge Title: Detention - WIP
Project Name & Page Link: 70’s Spiral & Star Dishcloths
Brief Description: I started this set 2 weeks ago during out last set of storms, but didn’t quite finish either of them. Possibly because I don’t love the color of the yarns. I ordered them online, and the picture showed them as darker in color, less washed out. Let’s just say, they didn’t scream ‘1970’s’ from their picture, but they certainly do in real life. Each was made based on how much of each color yarn I had left.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Detention - Stash
Project Name & Page Link: Purple & Light Blue Spiral Dishcloths
Brief Description: As I’ve been stash busting dishcloths for friends and my gift stash, I realized I could really use a few new ones in my own rotation, as some of mine have developed holes (after 8 years of use!). So these ones are for me. Insomnia had me awake at 3:00, so after cleaning the kitchen, I made these.
Project Picture:

6 Likes