COMPLETE : Invite Your Partner 2021 swap, Sign up Feb 4 – Feb 18, Send out Apr 1

as @whistlefish said, we’re doing a small about us item and then a medium. We’re sending our first little item and letter this week and then will send the medium item by the April 1 send out date. I’m working on my letter and about me item now!

5 Likes

I’m excited to see what everyone is making!

Signups close tomorrow, if anyone is still thinking about joining in!

6 Likes

I invited a second partner since I found out I’m probably NOT moving prior to sendouts! :dancer:

6 Likes

How exciting for a 2nd partner! Are you okay with the delayed move?

3 Likes

Yes I’m delighted!!

3 Likes

If anyone wants a partner or a second partner, lemme know!

I’m open to swapping with one more person on a very small, low commitment scale just for funsies. :slight_smile:

I now have two lovely partners!

6 Likes

I’d love to, but I already have two partners. Maybe another time …

3 Likes

@Bunny1kenobi was sweet enough to invite me! Can’t wait.

5 Likes

Made a little progress on @Reinikka’s pocket letter last night.

4 Likes

I’ve made some progress on my first item to @anna.wahnsinn!

4 Likes

The dance floor is filling up nicely! It’s morning here, so you’ve still got all NZ day for any last minute invitations :cherry_blossom:

I’m dancing with @geekgirl as well - I’m looking forward to a huge crafty binge this weekend for all my swappy plans!

3 Likes

I just found a supply that I thought I was going to have to order at a local store! Can’t wait to see the gallery for this one!

3 Likes

Trying to wrap my head around plans for my first item for @tendstowardschaos! Hopefully I can make this plan work…

Ridiculously excited for this gallery!

Edit: one small item for @tendstowardschaos finished! Turned out cool I think!

5 Likes

I picked up my new tools at the PO box AND a special material at Michael’s today! Tomorrow, I’ll be able to get going in earnest on the bigger of the projects this weekend and also a little extra. :upside_down_face:

5 Likes

I have finished my large item for @jemimah :grinning:
Now to decide on my other items :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

5 Likes

Well, I ran into a “user error” road block on Saturday morning and rushed to get a replacement ordered up which should be available for me to pick up on Tuesday. D’oh! Buuuuuut, I got an extra done (doing extras first is a thing, right?) on Saturday and made some serious progress on the second item today! I am waiting for a few things to arrive later in the week to finish that one. I guess I’m just going to work backwards and no one can stop me! Mwahahahahaaaaaa!

Anyway, I think I might be at a general pause until after Tuesday.

4 Likes

Extras first is definitely a thing. I’ll be doing that, too, as I wait for some things to be delivered.

5 Likes

Hope everyone’s had a great weekend!

Check in question - What sounds do you enjoy crafting to? Favourite music? Podcast? Silence?

I’ve been enjoying some of the podcasts on BBC Sounds lately, e.g. You’re Dead to Me, which combines history and comedy - full of fun facts!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/brand/p07mdbhg

7 Likes

I like boy bands and rap music-and not necessarily in that order
Digital Underground and LL Cool J always get me in a good mood.

4 Likes

I mostly craft (and almost all the verbs) to podcasts. History, science, story telling, comedy and combinations of. Lately I’ve been listening to a few different podcasts put out by the Smithonian which has been kind of fun. I am trying to listen to music more often than the twice/week I am in the car, as I have learned (on a science podcast) that one of the things that is shown to increase happiness is singing! Maybe not so much for Delia or TheMisterT, but that’s on them. :upside_down_face:

6 Likes