CLOSED: Nerd Games - Discussion Thread for 2020 Games

Happy Sunday, here’s the next advent prompt! :blush:

fwa-4

Halloween - Craft something that is used at night, for a holiday, is sweet, is black, has a cat, a costume, or for a child

:jack_o_lantern:

3 Likes

TRACKING UPDATE!

Monkey says he hopes everyone had a happy Halloween!

So far this season, we have 12 active players! A total of 81 projects have been posted, including 6 big time projects, and 1 research project!

Here is where each team stands currently:

Team Players Projects Points Average
Resting Grinch Face 2 20 560 280
Gingerbread Mayhem 3 17 660 220
Up to Snow Good 3 20 570 190
Raking and Entering 4 24 790 197

Battle Royale Results:

October # Results
Dictionary 5 WINNER!
Thesaurus 4
November # Results
TBD
TBD
December # Results
TBD
TBD

For a moment, thesaurus was winning the battle, but at the last moment, two people crafted for dictionary, so dictionary wins! I had a meme come across my memories right before I finished updating tracking, and saw this meme pop up that I will still share anyway.

Sad Thesaurus… :cry:

And because thesaurus had a meme, I searched for one for dictionary as well!

Happy Dictionary! :blush:
dictionary

You can find your individual tracking sheet and the team roster here.

As always, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me! Craft on, Nerds! :nerd_face:

5 Likes

lol! :smile:

2 Likes

Hello! Here is this week’s advent prompt! :gloves: :coat:

fwa-5

seasonal changes - Craft something to keep you warm, that is soft, has layers, or is blue

5 Likes

I had all of my projects chosen for every prompt except for the battle, and managed to get none of them done! But, last night, I realized that I could complete something for the battle and snuck it in right near the end!

The next couple of weeks will be fairly insane at school, but hopefully, I can settle into the rhythm of our hybrid model quickly (probably just in time for us to go back to remote :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: ), and I can get some crafting done!

4 Likes

November prompts are up, and it only took me the whole month, but Prompt Palace is back in order!

November Battle: cooked vs raw

November Theme:
The fungus among us!

• Button Mushrooms - Craft something with buttons, that is white, or is vaguely round.
  • Destroying Angel - Craft something angelic, or sinister, or something that isn’t what it appears to be.
  • Fly Agaric - Craft something that is red, has polka dots, or is fairy tale-esque.
  • Penny Bun - Craft something that is cheap (or from stash), is beige, or uses a oven.
  • Pink Oyster - Craft something that is pink, frilly, or opens to reveal something else.
6 Likes

Advent #6 is now up! :broom:

fwa-6

cinnamon broom - Craft something used for cleaning or got your hands messy, is spicy, is brown, is scented, or hangs up on a wall or door

3 Likes

Thank you again, @bluebird, for giving us these fun advent prompts!

Question:

When this season ends on NYE, do we want to keep this discussion thread going, or do we want to start a new thread for the 2021 Nerd Games?

3 Likes

I think it would be less intimidating if we started a new thread. I think it would be a good , fresh start, especially for any new people joining in.

5 Likes

Same; I worry that eventually the thread would get too long and overwhelming. Maybe we could link to this year’s thread in the first/in an early post in the new thread so this one is still easy to find should someone want to look something up.

4 Likes

I like that idea. I will make sure to add a section with links for previous years.

3 Likes

Here’s this weeks advent prompt! :blush:

fwa-7

cornucopia - Craft something that has multiples/duplicates, is food, is multi-colored, or is a container/contains something

4 Likes

I know exactly what I’m going to make for this prompt!

3 Likes

Hope everyone has a good Thanksgiving this week! :blush: Here’s this week’s prompt:

fwa-8

turkey dinner - Craft something with a bird, that has stuffing, has legs, has many parts, or is used with friends/family

3 Likes

Happy Thanksgiving to our American crafters!

I have been struggling to find things to be happy and thankful for over the last few days. But I am determined to be more positive today!

The four things I am most thankful for:

1. Mr sbc. He’s amazing, we’ve been together for almost 18 years, and I am so lucky to have him in my life :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2. @roler. She is my BFF. I’ve known her for 20 years now. We met in high school. And holy cow, that just made me feel old! :joy: She is a wonderful and caring person, and again, I’m so lucky to have her in my life! :hearts:

3. All of you, my fellow nerds! :nerd_face: I love our crafty family. I love the entire LC community, but the Nerd Games hold a very special place in my heart :green_heart: :hearts:

4. My kitties. They are a source of endless love (and entertainment!).

I hope everyone, whether you’re celebrating today or not, has something in their life that makes them happy. Sending virtual hugs, and for those of you over-indulging on turkey and pie, may you nap as happily as Frankenstein and Monkey :joy:

(Yes, Monkey is using Frankie as a bed! Lol!)

7 Likes

That is the cutest picture ever! I am so jealous. I have 5 cats and none will snuggle with each other.

2 Likes

The love isn’t mutual. Monkey has no boundaries. Frankie just has the Roger Murtaugh perspective. He’s too old for this… stuff… :joy:

Honestly, I don’t think Frankie minds it too much. But you’ll never see him start the snuggle pile.

3 Likes

Awww, SBC, you can call me anytime you feel like you need another friend! I’m far away geographically but technologically, I’m right there in your living room!! :kissing_heart:

You are one of the kindest people I know, and you and Queen Hobo crack me UP! I seriously love you guys! So glad I’ve had the opportunity to know you, and so many other fabulous people here on LC!

2 Likes

We should Skype and craft together some night!

2 Likes

We should! I’ll have to figure out my schedule! :grin:

2 Likes