Closed - Prairie Schooler Fall/Winter Swap Round 2 - Send by Sept 12th

I picked up my patterns from storage today! I still :heart: PS designs. I’ve built up quite a collection over the past 15 years or so. Lots of ornaments and a few samplers, but what I like about the sampler patterns it that it’s very easy to take a few elements from them and stitch those, instead of the whole thing.

2 Likes

Yes–this is my first time buying that brand and I can see the appeal…quite easy to mix and match, make larger or smaller…I am excited to stitch. I will get the supplies I need probably next week.

2 Likes

I’m closing signups 12 hours from now!

That’s 11 August at 8am in Central European Summer Time.

1 Like

Sign-ups are closed! I’m going to do the partner puzzle tonight! For reference, I’m on lunch break in my time zone.

There’s a good mix of swappers, about 50/50 Christmas and Halloween, some US-only swappers and some international swappers. I’m sure this will be a fun swap.

4 Likes

I’ve sent out Q’s! I hope I didn’t make any mistakes. Please let me know ASAP if I did mess up!

I’ve managed to match based on both shipping preferences and holiday preferences, I think. I actually wasn’t sure if that was possible but it looks like it is.

2 Likes

Thanks so much, @Immaculata. This is going be so much fun!

4 Likes

YAY! I have a Halloween and a Christmas partner! The hardest part is going to be picking a pattern!

2 Likes

You were the wildcard in this swap :smile: you were open to stitching anything and sending everywhere.

3 Likes

Thank you @Immaculata, I’m looking forward to getting started stitching!

Yay! I’m excited to stitch.

3 Likes

The patterns are really cute, I’m going to struggle to choose too!

1 Like

Just to get warmed up, I stitched this little ornament from a kit that I found at a creative reuse store while I was visiting my sister. It was $1!

4 Likes

That bunny is so sweet!

I’ve started stitching too, it’s really calm and soothing doing counted charts. I haven’t 100% decided on patterns for my swap partners, so I’m pretty sure I’m going to end up stitching several of these cute designs and adding one or two to my tree too :grinning:

2 Likes

Oooh! I am very excited. I have my patterns picked out and I may have to get some extra supplies on payday but so far, so good!

1 Like

I have new patterns in my mailbox right now just waiting for me to get them. I’ll have to give them a closer look to see if I’ll use one of them.

1 Like

I should be getting my patterns tomorrow! I’m itching to get started!!!

3 Likes

I have been on a stitching and streaming binge over the weekend! I’ve finished two pieces already, one which is probably going to be for @AIMR, and one which I think I might keep.

2 Likes

I ordered a pattern set of Prairie Schooler items from the local cross-stitch store, but it’s online only and I didn’t want to pay $4.25 for them to ship me some paper. One of my friends works at the store though, so we’re doing a secret deal where she purchased for me and I’m going to pick up at her house tonight like some weird drug deal. haha! I can’t wait to get them and get started! I’m not sure I’ve ever been this excited to cross stitch before!

6 Likes

I found the perfect pattern, but of course it’s one I don’t have yet, and no one local has it in stock :frowning: They could order it, but since they’re printed in the US, that would take weeks. So I suppose poor me will have to stitch a pattern that I already have in my collection. The upside is, I have a lot of different bits and pieces of fabric in stash, and PS patterns use limited colours so I’m sure I have the floss as well. So I guess I could start stitching tonight, once I pick something.

2 Likes

Is it something you could purchase and have electronically delivered to you? Then print out at your local shop? Or at home, if you have a printer that likes you.

1 Like