Closed - Stationery Swap Sign Ups 8/5/22- 8/15/22 send outs 9/12/22

Oooo!! Hm… :face_with_monocle:

I sent today!! :smile:

3 Likes

I sure wish they had knitting groups in my area…. I have thought about offering to teach knitting at our public library to gauge interest

3 Likes

I have tried to teach knitting to two different people and it did not work for me. I taught myself from a book and it was either English or Continental. Since I didn’t like continental breakfasts at hotels and the english method sounded proper, I did that. I think everyone I’ve run into since knits Continental. My yarn throwing is hypnotizing.

4 Likes

I’m 98% finished, unless it is useless after drying. I may actually send early–shocker, I know.

4 Likes

I set up a Gallery!

3 Likes

Received an item I’d planned to include in the swap package, but now I’m staring at it, thinking, “But is this really stationery?”

Whatever I decide, I really need to go ___ the _____ I designed.

2 Likes

I’m finished. Photos have been taken. The box needs wrapped then out the door it goes, hopefully tomorrow but it might be Wednesday.

3 Likes

One day early, but here is the question of the week, Mailbox or Post Office?

Post Office, although I do both. I feel like my card or package is less likely to go missing or get delayed if I take it directly to the main post office in our town.

1 Like

If its just stamped I put it in the outgoing mail. I live in a townhome so we have a bank of mailboxes and 1 shared slot to put in outgoing mail.

If it’s not able to go with a stamp I usually print postage at home and drop it off at the post office. I tried scheduling pick up and they didn’t actually pick it up. I have unreliable mail people.

2 Likes

Hmm. I would rather I could stick everything in my mailbox (it’s one of those big multi-household thingies), but when I send packages I’m finding that I like to go to the post office and use the automated kiosk. I used to go to the contract post office inside my Ace Hardware but the last few times there has been a line and I’ve been stuck without headphones. I mailed, what, eight packages through one of the kiosks at my P.O. last week? I kept an eye out if there were people waiting for one, but nope. Worked out just fine.

4 Likes

When I worked in the office in the Before Times there was a post office nearby with a self serve kiosk. I loved that thing. There would be a long line for the counter and no one at the kiosk. And I didn’t have to talk to anyone!

5 Likes

I like going to the Post Office. My neighborhood is fine and I have never had an issue, but I am paranoid. LOL!

1 Like

I totally forgot about Ace hardware being a station for mailing pkgs! I guess bec we don’t have one nearby since we moved, it slipped my mind.

3 Likes

Not all of them are, it just so happens that the one by me is.

And I sent today!

3 Likes

Post office! I also feel like things are less likely to be lost that way.

2 Likes

I usually use a mailbox for letters and postcards. Smaller padded envelopes too if I don’t need tracking.

I use the ”postombud” at the grocery store if I need a receipt. Post offices are few and far between now. Most are just a small desk in grocery stores or convenience stores.

2 Likes

Mailbox for letters. Post office for everything else. We have fantastic post office staff, but the tiny rural office’s hours make it nearly impossible to get there during the work week.

1 Like

I prefer to go to the post office, because I get a tracking info when I send it in person rather then just dropping it off at a mailbox.

2 Likes