Closed - Stationery Swap Sign Ups 8/5/22- 8/15/22 send outs 9/12/22

Two somethings done, as long as they get to dry in peace without feline intervention. I think they might add up to one extra small?

Another something kind of done? Or not at all done. I have individual pieces that look cool, but assembly will be interesting. Hmmm… maybe if I dig around for that supply I should have it’ll come together.

Still thinking about the _________ I want to make. I have an idea, but I’m not sure if I can pull it off.

2 Likes

Look what I just picked up at Target! It will be a birthday gift for a little girl, but I think it is pretty cool for big people, too.

6 Likes

I cleared off my table and was able to easily craft after finishing an ATC. I kind of think the craft needs a little something extra, but it’s so pretty that I don’t want to mess it up. Now it’s time to finish the small-size-semi-long-time craft. Nah, it won’t take too terribly long unless I decided to add more. I’ll have to eat a banana or two beforehand.

3 Likes

I started the complicated thing yesterday. If I can pull it off it’ll hopefully look really cool. So far so good, but I’m not at the part that can go sideways yet.

Finished the item that was in pieces, and it looks pretty neat after drying overnight.

Today was knit night with the gang, so no paper crafting.

6 Likes

I’ve been to three knitting groups. One was good, one was alright, and one was not very friendly. Strange.

1 Like

Did you go to Tallinn? And do they still have those (in my mind) weird ‘dolls’ outside many of the tourist shops??

1 Like

You say that, … But I’ve heard of people using chopsticks to eat them so they can craft and munch!!

2 Likes

I think you need to find your people. There are two knit groups in my area. One is held at a café I like, but apparently it’s a bit unfriendly feeling for new people to join. It’s usually the same night as my water aerobics group so I can’t go often. I understand why if feels ”off” for new people because there are a couple pairs/trios that know each other, and one woman prefers to sit alone so might look singled out and not included. I join when I can, but it’s not often.

This current group started because they didn’t feel at home with the café group. It’s a slightly younger group, with many parents. We meet up in a local restaurant, and this summer we’ve met twice at group members patios for potluck.

I think it can be the ”age” of the group as well as the members that decides how friendly it is, or appears to be. I imagine ot can be easier to join a newer group, before everyone have already found their place. I enjoy both groups, but I think that’s because I joined the café one fairly early and know the café owner. So even if I only join now and then I know the regulars.

@Renstar I did, and I saw some of the odd dolls. I remember thinking ”why do so many have this odd style of mannequin?”

I guess I’ll have to get on with my breakfast if I’m going to get any crafting done before we leave today…

4 Likes

I’m working on a project for @irid3sc3nt. It involves a lot of hammering. That should keep you guessing. :smile:

6 Likes

Oooo!! Hm… :face_with_monocle:

I sent today!! :smile:

3 Likes

I sure wish they had knitting groups in my area…. I have thought about offering to teach knitting at our public library to gauge interest

3 Likes

I have tried to teach knitting to two different people and it did not work for me. I taught myself from a book and it was either English or Continental. Since I didn’t like continental breakfasts at hotels and the english method sounded proper, I did that. I think everyone I’ve run into since knits Continental. My yarn throwing is hypnotizing.

4 Likes

I’m 98% finished, unless it is useless after drying. I may actually send early–shocker, I know.

4 Likes

I set up a Gallery!

3 Likes

Received an item I’d planned to include in the swap package, but now I’m staring at it, thinking, “But is this really stationery?”

Whatever I decide, I really need to go ___ the _____ I designed.

2 Likes

I’m finished. Photos have been taken. The box needs wrapped then out the door it goes, hopefully tomorrow but it might be Wednesday.

3 Likes

One day early, but here is the question of the week, Mailbox or Post Office?

Post Office, although I do both. I feel like my card or package is less likely to go missing or get delayed if I take it directly to the main post office in our town.

1 Like

If its just stamped I put it in the outgoing mail. I live in a townhome so we have a bank of mailboxes and 1 shared slot to put in outgoing mail.

If it’s not able to go with a stamp I usually print postage at home and drop it off at the post office. I tried scheduling pick up and they didn’t actually pick it up. I have unreliable mail people.

2 Likes