Closed - Stationery Swap Sign Ups 8/5/22- 8/15/22 send outs 9/12/22

Hmm. I would rather I could stick everything in my mailbox (it’s one of those big multi-household thingies), but when I send packages I’m finding that I like to go to the post office and use the automated kiosk. I used to go to the contract post office inside my Ace Hardware but the last few times there has been a line and I’ve been stuck without headphones. I mailed, what, eight packages through one of the kiosks at my P.O. last week? I kept an eye out if there were people waiting for one, but nope. Worked out just fine.

4 Likes

When I worked in the office in the Before Times there was a post office nearby with a self serve kiosk. I loved that thing. There would be a long line for the counter and no one at the kiosk. And I didn’t have to talk to anyone!

5 Likes

I like going to the Post Office. My neighborhood is fine and I have never had an issue, but I am paranoid. LOL!

1 Like

I totally forgot about Ace hardware being a station for mailing pkgs! I guess bec we don’t have one nearby since we moved, it slipped my mind.

3 Likes

Not all of them are, it just so happens that the one by me is.

And I sent today!

3 Likes

Post office! I also feel like things are less likely to be lost that way.

2 Likes

I usually use a mailbox for letters and postcards. Smaller padded envelopes too if I don’t need tracking.

I use the ”postombud” at the grocery store if I need a receipt. Post offices are few and far between now. Most are just a small desk in grocery stores or convenience stores.

2 Likes

Mailbox for letters. Post office for everything else. We have fantastic post office staff, but the tiny rural office’s hours make it nearly impossible to get there during the work week.

1 Like

I prefer to go to the post office, because I get a tracking info when I send it in person rather then just dropping it off at a mailbox.

2 Likes

I’m sorry I couldn’t join in this one - we are still between addresses and living out of suitcases right now. But I’m looking forward to admiring the gallery!

7 Likes

That’s always ”interesting”. Luckily there are swap galleries to follow along even when it’s not possible to swap!

4 Likes

Send outs on Monday!
Last check in question. What is your favorite writing utensil?
For me, I love fountain pens, followed closely by different colored gel pens. I color code everything. :crazy_face:

3 Likes

For art, I love the metallic + white Uniball pens that I got on the suggestion of someone here on LC. But for regular writing, I generally just grab a medium ball point pen. I totally LOVE the look of fountain pen writing, but I’m too messy to use a fountain pen effectively.

5 Likes

At work, I almost exclusively use fountain pens and people will grab a pen off my desk and ask, “how do I use this?” LOL! It’s funny.

2 Likes

I’m not sure about a favourite, but my most used - the archive approved ballpoint pens at work.

Ugh… This weekend was not very good for crafting. I was trying to get over a cold, and not really feeling it. I’ve planned and planned, but I just need to cut into the thing and hope for the best at this point.

4 Likes

Someone (I can’t remember) sent me a pen in a swap - Uniball Vision Elite. Said it was her favorite pen. I have bought many more since. I love those things. If I am using pencil for writing it needs to be a mechanical pencil.

I think I am about done. just need to finish up some last minute loose ends and package up!

4 Likes

This is why I’m a paper crafting novice. Im like, “I don’t know. Fine point Sharpie?” Yeah, I know that peobably doesn’t count as a nice pen. :joy:

5 Likes

I love the retractable Sharpies. I actually use Sharpies a lot to write addresses on envelopes.

I think the kind of pens I use most are gel. I have a brush pen that is almost out of ink, but I can’t read any of the characters on it so I don’t know how to get a new one. I probably have to order it. I purchased a Micron brush pen as an alternative and it seems to get the job done.

4 Likes

You should post a picture of it, maybe someone knows what it is.

3 Likes

I’m obsessed with the Uni-ball Vision pens especially the needle point one after taking one of Joanne Sharpe’s lessons, it has a super fine point (0.5mm) and will write on anything. I find it lasts a lot longer than the micron pens I’m prone to killing.

Have you tried the pilot g2? It’s so smooth and nice for day to day writing.

3 Likes