Coasters & Potholder

I needed something to protect my table from my ceramic yarn bowl, so I made a simple coaster from some cotton yarn I had in my stash. It works perfectly!

Itโ€™s made from 2 circles (6 rounds of double crochet each) crocheted together with a round of reverse single crochet:

I had plenty of yarn left over, so I also made a set of 4 smaller coasters (made the same as the larger coaster with 4 rounds of double crochet instead):

There was still some yarn left, so I made a potholder. I did run out of yarn, but luckily I found a little bit of leftover yarn in a different color in my stash to finish it up!

17 Likes

What an excellent stash buster! And I love the extra thickness on that potholder.

3 Likes

Great solution (beautiful yarn bowl!) and awesome stash-use momentum! They look great. :yarn::heart:

3 Likes

They look so beautifully perfectly round, nice work! Crab stitch is such a good looking finish too.

1 Like

Nicely done! Looks great with that yarn bowl.

2 Likes

You used up every scrap of that yarn, didnโ€™t you? Excellent stash-bashing. I love that little contrast stripe on the potholder.

2 Likes

Excellent stash busting project!

2 Likes

Youโ€™ve taught me something new! Iโ€™m going to look this up to use it. Iโ€™m sure the coasters will be nice and absorbent if theyโ€™re cotton. They look so great and I love the white addition to the potholder. Way to destash a bit!

3 Likes

Thank you all! :smiley:

@endymion - I did! I had ~6" left of the white yarn!

2 Likes

Way to stash-bust and make so many pretty useful things!

2 Likes