Cocktails Out Back in Miniature

Here’s a fun miniature meant to show a little cocktail party in a back yard setting.

The brick work on the wall was made using texture paste and a brick stencil. I used painter’s tape to mask areas I didn’t want the paste to adhere.

The off white grout color was laid down then individual bricks were painted.

The deck was made from craft sticks that got a wash of brown acrylic paint.

Wall decor was made by sawing a plastic goat in half and giving it a patina with Rub’nBuff. I glued it onto a wooden game piece.

A close up of my tiny charcuterie board made from polymer clay and poly clay canes.

23 Likes

Wowwwww! This is fantastic!

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

That brickwork is amazing!!!

2 Likes

Really simple, just time consuming.

1 Like

I would never turn down an invitation for a happy hour here!

2 Likes

Come on over!

1 Like

So flippin’ cute! The texture you got on the wheel of cheese is amazing. And I adore the tile topped table.

1 Like

Oh my goodness! I love this!

1 Like

All of this is super cute, but those bricks are absolutely exquisite! :star_struck:

1 Like

I’m on the way

how did you do the tiles for the tabletop, its amazing!!

1 Like

This whole miniature scene is so detailed and wonderful!

1 Like

Wow, the charcuterie board is gorgeous! Is that all real food?:grin:

Great scene, really makes you want to be there. Thanks for sharing techniques, too!

2 Likes

Thanks so much everyone! @Edel those are some miniature glass tiles I found in a Michaels craft store in their mosaic section. I grabbed them (only package, on sale) and set out to find a way to use them.

Wow. I thought you just bought the brick background. That is incredible. Love all the variation in the brick colors.

2 Likes

Wow! Love seeing your progress shots. That brick! :star_struck: And of course the goat is perfect.

1 Like

Thank you!

I, too, thought the bricks were just paper until closer inspection and your progress shots! So realistic and creative!

I would try to eat that cheese…

1 Like

Oh, thank you! I have used brick scrapbook paper in many projects. This technique is a super realistic option.

2 Likes

Wow! Those bricks! Well, the whole thing actually! Thanks for the progress shots as well I love seeing things come to fruition

3 Likes