Color in a Box 2022 Gallery

So beautiful and such cool color to craft to in that manner. I love the elephant

4 Likes

Oh my goodness! Everything is so great.

2 Likes

@gozer is an incredibly thoughtful lady and it shows in her work! The pod and the elephant are amazing! The shark is so cute, too. But I do think the patch might be my favorite because I love her art style so much, and that patch is 100% her! Beautiful!

And that is a LOAD of extras! Jelly roll pens! Woot! Great box!

3 Likes

Oh @gozer, what a thoughtful & generous package. You certainly managed to put the shine on grey! That shark! :smile: And the pod, I love those. Everything is very well thought out & constructed. Lovely work.

4 Likes

@gozer, you sure made grey fun! The elephant is so sweet!

2 Likes

@joyfulClover and I met up and exchanged packages, as she said. It was so much fun to actually get to open with your partner. I wish I lived closer to everyone on LC! Lol.
We had a great time shopping and grabbing lunch.
She made me and incredible package. My color was also gray.

We agreed early on that we would make each other these pods. Jaime went above the pattern and added this absolutely adorable gray kitten as a surprise inside! It is the cutest! She also knows my love, almost obsession, with stars. This fabric is perfection. I believe she said she had it in her stash!

Then she used her phenomenal embroidery skills on this amazing hoop. All of her stitches are so uniform and perfect. She also did this super cool finishing on the hoop with ribbons. She will have to explain it, but I love it. Its so unique and polished looking.

She also included some Posca pens. I have been wanting to try these. They are gray and silver. If you’re also in the ATC swap, watch out, I’m gonna use them. Ha!

And to top it off, I got two washing tapes, one gray and one glittery silver, along with a circular note pad.

Last but not least, Earl Grey Tea! She said it was hard to find Earl Grey in decaf and a gray box! :rofl::joy:

Thank you so much @JoyfulClover I love everything and had a great time hanging out!

17 Likes

Oh, that hoop finishing is so cool! Do tell, however is it done? Lovely embroidery, such a great package of grey pretties :slight_smile: )

3 Likes

After perusing this gallery, I may just have to do a future round of this swap! WOW!

4 Likes

So beautiful and such cool color to craft to in that manner. I love the elephant

3 Likes

The two grey boxes are gorgeous. Grey is definitely my fave neutral and one of my go to colours for yarn. All the yarn and embroidery thread is lovely. :heart_eyes:

The little elephant is very cute. I wouldn’t stick pins in either!

I love that both of the pods have stars on them.

4 Likes

I am so behind with life in general. Just catching up on this gallery now. You guys have made the most awesome things. Two fabulous grey themed packages, I love the pods.

And the yellow and teal, just amazing stuff.

4 Likes

Those pods are so cool! And the surprise kitty is adorable! I love the ribbon detail on the hoop, and RRH is a perfect choice for @gozer! That’s one of my fave RRH embroidery patterns ever! And I’m looking forward to seeing what gets made with the pens and Washi tape!

What a great package!

PS. Where is the doom and gloom? :smile:

2 Likes

These gray packages are so classy!

3 Likes

@kwality570 – What a happy package! It was sunshine. Everything was so fun and bright. I am in love with that Sun artwork. It is so adorable. All the layers and textures that you got into it are incredible. And that face! Precious. It would brighten anyone’s day. The journal is very cool too. I hope you make a separate post for it so we can see all those details. The potholder is great. And you sent her a KwalityMonster!

@Lynx – What did you make the bird out of? Are those handmade notebooks? Very cool. Love your envelopes. Not only are they fun, but they are also functional too. All so very teal and cool.

No doom and gloom. People were just picking with us saying that gray was a downer compared to yellow. I think our packages turned out rather fun and happy without the pizzazz of a bright color. :crazy_face:

1 Like

I’m just playin’. I love your gray packages! Gray is typically my go-to neutral. And I agree that your packages were excellent, even with the muted colors you chose.

1 Like

I received from @kittykill today and it is fabulous! Look at these wee balloonists:

:heart:

And this hoop is perfection.

The quote is from my wedding vows and when I said the line it came out sounding like “I mean, I’ll try but…” and we and the whole room burst out laughing. So now when we are getting persnickety with each other one of us will toss the line out to diffuse the tension. And who doesn’t love a happy gnome couple?!

Other goodies include washi tape, adorable wee dishes with koi fish, a really pretty bird scarf, a wee butterfly ornament and a tea that brews blue:

Thank you so much, Kittykill, I love it all! Your package is supposed to get to you in a couple of days, I hope you like it as much as I like what you sent me!

15 Likes

Thank you, yes, I made the notebooks and the bird I made from plaster of Paris.

1 Like

I love the gnome hoop!

3 Likes

@kittykill those little mice as so CUTE! I squeaked when I saw them. @AntBee the story of your wedding vows was adorable. The hoop is perfect for you. Sentimental and sweet. These koi dishes are amazing. Covet them. and the tea sounds very interesting!

2 Likes