Colorful Temari

Made this Temari ball for a personal swap with @Raury. It is the largest one I’ve ever made.

I ended up using more colors than I intended to… had to, because I realized I’m running out of some colors of thread. Barely squeaked by with some of the colors!

The design is based on a picture I’d seen on the internet.

The shipping (U.S. to Canada) took a very long time. I’m relieved that she received it!

Probably won’t be making another temari ball for a while, unless I decide to try one with “regular” embroidery thread, which I still have in stash. Up to now, I’ve been using the thread that is sold in the twisty hanks, which is what my teacher had suggested when I took the class.

17 Likes

These Temari balls are so gorgeous!

Every time I turn around, someone is posting something new on here that makes me want to learn a new craft or technique…

1 Like

Your talent for this is astounding…it’s lovely!

1 Like

This is gorgeous!

1 Like

This is so beautiful.

1 Like

Ooooh, this is fabulous! I really appreciate the details, that twisted over bit wrapped in white thread… Just wow.

1 Like

Beautiful!!! I love the colors and design

1 Like

It’s so pretty! How long did that take you?

1 Like

Thanks, all! I made it in about 5-6 days. But I’m still new at it (and also very distractible), so a more experienced Temari maker could have done it faster, I’m sure. Plus I was not working on it all day each day.

1 Like

This is quite beautiful! It looks like stained glass. Very lovely.

1 Like

It’s a color explosion! I love it! The detail on the sides is super cool too!

1 Like

Another gorgeous piece…The underbase of that vibrant blue that peeks out is lovely as well…

1 Like

SO gorgeous! I love the colors.

1 Like

Congrats! Your Colorful Temari is one of this week’s featured projects! You are awesome!

1 Like

Dang! So pretty and kind of mesmerizing.

1 Like

Hey, thanks!!!

The pictures do not do it justice, it is even more beautiful in person and I am happy to say it gets to live in my house. It is also quite large, it would fill your hand and then some. I absolutely love it and congratulations on getting picked for picture of the week, you definitely earned it!

1 Like

It’s fabulous! The color combos and placements are even more impressive knowing that you had to finagle them. It looks very cohesive.

1 Like

Breathtaking!

1 Like