Colourful city watercolour

I’ve been living out of suitcases in a motel in a new country for a couple of months now. I don’t have most of my art supplies with me, but I’m really glad I did bring my watercolours :slightly_smiling_face:

This was an experiment with some colour mixes, and then adding a little graphite pencil for definition.

35 Likes

It is beautiful! Makes me think of Greece (with all their white houses) and some old fantasy/mideval town. So nice colors!

2 Likes

It’s lovely, and so distinctly your style. I knew it had to be you from the thumbnail

2 Likes

I love the colors and the geometrics of it.

1 Like

I love this so much! The shapes, the colors, the imagination - everything!

1 Like

Beautiful colours and style!

1 Like

I’m so glad you brought your watercolors with you! This is lovely and we need our jemimah content here!

1 Like

This is so pretty and serene. I love the peak-a-boo greenery and building through the arch.

1 Like

This is gorgeous! Thank you for sharing such a beautiful piece!

1 Like

It’s so pretty. I really like that tower peeking up from the mountains.

1 Like

It’s like an illustration from a cool modern book of fairy tales. I want to read that story!

4 Likes

Gorgeous! It looks so much like something, I can’t quite place it…
I could see Teddy Cuddlestuff quite happy there, the colours are just right for his world.

3 Likes

I love it! It’s like the cover of a nostalgic children’s book, magical.

2 Likes

Thank you everybody! :heart:

Oh @Magpie what a lovely thought, I miss seeing Teddy Cuddlestuff around here. It is the colours Erin loved, isn’t it?

4 Likes

Yes, it really is. I think she’d love it.

4 Likes

Lovely, as always!
Hope your suitcase living is coming to a close soon!

1 Like

Very cool. I love this style!

1 Like

:fireworks: Congratulations :fireworks: Your project is a featured project for this week

2 Likes

Thank you!! :smile:

Beautiful! The Teddy Cuddlestuff reference made me a bit misty.

3 Likes