Common Ground swap gallery!

Love that mug!

2 Likes

Oh my gosh! I love that you made a video @Fonduie !!!

And an amazing swap package too @Roots !!

1 Like

I received a great package from @Rlynn. Some of our commonalities were masks, which we all need to wear now, and are highly appreciated as I didn’t have any reusable masks and masks are mandatory here in public spaces and yes, I love the florals. A sea glass necklace that I absolutely love and am currently wearing, we both love sea glass and some angel wings, her favourite holiday is Christmas and I have a love of angels. The card is from an indigenous group as we both share social justice as a passion. Thanks for a great swap and I hope your package arrives soon!

9 Likes

Those are some neat items! The angel wings are especially pretty.

2 Likes

I’m glad you like the package. This was a fun swap! :heart:

1 Like

Yay! My package from @Fonduie has arrived! It came in a big box that the postoffice had wrapped in tape because it had apparently opened in transit, that made me very worried but the items had been wrapped in a ton of bubblewrap and it was all in perfect condition :slight_smile:
I love both of them, the bowl is supercool and I always need more bowls :smiley: The little chest is amazing, I love the smaug on top and the little claw feet :slight_smile:
Here it all is:

Thanks Fonduie! I loved swapping with you!

11 Likes

That’s so weird because I taped the hell out of it. They must have gone through it. Well at least everything arrived safely!

I’m glad you liked it. You mentioned you wanted useful things, hence the rice bowl. I really enjoyed making the box and I hope you find it useful to store something tiny!!!:woman_shrugging::grinning:

it was so fun swapping with you!

3 Likes

That box is awesome!!!

1 Like

Wow, those are amazing! Sooo glad that nothing was damaged in shipping!

1 Like

@rlynn did you use a form to make the angel wings? I have a tons of lining scraps from making masks that would be perfect for a project like that. I have a friend who has asked for angel wings.

I love that bowl!!! It is a perfect size for making rice bowl meals…the scene is lovely!

The box is amazing!!! A treasure box for special things!

I think you mean @Raury! :slight_smile:

yep—actually, rlynn! sorry…I had you on my brain because of the masks…

1 Like

My package from @PrincessP arrived today (after the post office toyed with our emotions for a week or so!! Whew!)! It was my first ever mail from Australia, so that was fun! Look at this cute little guy on the stamps.

First, everything was packaged in this sweet little pouch. Look at its tiny Paris print! And the cute little window! I think it’s fun how we both made each other something in aqua and red (the inside of the pouch is red).

Then, she gave me a sampling of some fun tea flavors because we both enjoy a good cup of tea! I’m looking forward to trying these out! You may also notice a teeny koala keychain there, sporting his little Australia vest. I didn’t tell her this, but I collect keychains, so this was a fun extra to receive!

Then, of the next two things, I don’t know which touched me more. I just love them both so much. She made me this cool badge using the motto from my (currently dormant) blog along with two little crochet hooks. Even just the shape and color is a play off of my shield logo. Dh was with me when I opened and he wasn’t showing the appropriate amount of excitement, in my opinion. lol

Next are these adorable Frog and Toad tags. I actually teared up. I adore Frog and Toad (and PrincessP likes them, too!). In fact, Frog and Toad is the reason that my username is grenouille (“frog” in French): when my brother and I were little, we would read the books together, and I was Frog and he was Toad. In high school, we both took French and so we used the French words, grenouille and crapaud (who amongst us wouldn’t get a kick out of calling our brother something that looks like “crap wad”? :joy: My kids call him Tonton Crapaud [Uncle Toad]. :smiley: ). Anyways, I keep looking at them and their little frog and toady faces make me so happy and the little captions are just so sweet. Here they are all together and then a close up on one of my favorites (who am I kidding? They’re all my favorite!).

Last but not least (oh yes, there’s more!) is this tote bag with the fun Sherlock Holmes patch – he’s another one of our common denominators.

I can’t tell you how much I enjoyed this swap. What a perfect swap to do to get back into the swapping game! @Bunny1kenobi did a fantastic job matching partners and @PrincessP was just a joy to get to know and swap with. THANK YOU! I love everything. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :two_hearts:

7 Likes

I am so thrilled that you love your swap package @grenouille78 thank you for your heart felt post xx Sorry for the inevitable postal delay, but I’m glad it was worth the wait.
The two patches were the first I’ve ever made on my new (old) embroidery machine, I had fun designing them! The colour and shape of your “Craft Fearlessly” patch were a complete fluke, but I LOVE that! I have made it an iron on patch for you (if you wanted to put it somewhere permanently).
I had so much fun making the Frog and Toad tags, it was my first step back into papercrafts after a loooong hiatus, and now I can’t wait to make more things!
Thank you for being a wonderful first LC swap partner xx

3 Likes

Just loved the story behind each of the projects you got…they are all well done and so personal!

Those tags are fabulous…glad you are back at papercrafts…they are so cute and nicely embellished!

Now you have me wanting to try my hand at using my embroidery machine for badges!

I also learned a couple of French words!!! You two made good swap partners!

3 Likes

What a wonderful package! That patch… :heart:

It seems like everyone really did a great job crafting for each other! This was a really fun swap - thank you all for putting so much heart into it! I’m looking forward to another round in the future! As @grenouille78 might say, a bientot! (See you soon)

3 Likes

I received!! :heart:

The wall baskets reminded Raury of the color of the oceans we both live near. I also happen to love the sea and the color blue. So winning!

Pride magnet and trans :heart: Buttons (hmmm…the GSA one is missing from this photo I see) are because we are both LGBTQ+ allies! :rainbow_flag:

And the brooches because we both love them; the crochet items can be used for brooches. I also have some pinned so yay!!

Finally we both love reading! :books: :heart:

Thanks so much @Raury!

4 Likes

Love those wall baskets…they look like little nests for “stuff”…

1 Like

I like those baskets!

I love the story behind the Frog and Toad tags!!

I need some of those wall baskets, they are fabulous

1 Like