COMPETE Invite Your Partner 2024 Swap - NEW SEND DATE - Send Out April 2

made some things, just put them on the shelf to go in the kiln.

2 Likes

I’ve made some good progress! It has to dry before I can move on to the next step. :blush:

1 Like

Yay! We’ve got lots of crafting time for this one, fortunately.

There’s still a few days before sign ups close, so if you’re reading this and just thinking about it, you’ve still got time to ask someone!

2 Likes

I found that I needed a supply and ordered it on Saturday. When it comes in, I will restart. I am also working on multiple swaps. A little bit here, a little bit there.

5 Likes

Doubly excited for this swap now, as not only am I swapping with @Myrthena, we are actually meeting up in person to swap parcels :smiley:

16 Likes

Yes i’m very excited for our meeting but it limit our craft time as we meet mid march

7 Likes

How coool!!

5 Likes

That’s awesome!! What a fun thing to do!

2 Likes

I ordered a supply for this and another swap on the 3rd. it has yet to ship. Ugh. Amazon has spoiled me, but I still think its a bit ridiculous that it hasn’t shipped yet.

4 Likes

Sign ups are closed now. We’ve got a fabulous group, and a sender already!! I’m really looking forward to the gallery for this swap - there’s lots of crafting time, and there’ll be many wonderful things to admire!

3 Likes

First check in question -

When you’re making things, do you have a clear idea of what it’s going to be before you start, or do things evolve and change as you go along? What works best for you?

6 Likes

I feel like I often have a clear idea at the start, but as I’m crafting, things do evolve and change and in the end, my final product is different from my original idea (sometimes by a little and sometimes by a whole lot!). I’m always curious what I’ll end up with whenever I start something :smiling_face:.

7 Likes

I usually have a good idea of what I’m aiming for at the start, but it often evolves as I work on it.

4 Likes

Honestly a little of both. Sometimes I’m able to stick to the vision in my head, but often I have to adjust as things don’t always cooperate!

3 Likes

Ideas that evolve. The fabric speaks to me; “Pick me!”, “No, meeeee!”, “They’d like me better!”
It’s a noisy bunch.

5 Likes

since i usually knit, i need to find the pattern that calls me the most…much agonizing typically goes on until i get that figured out. then i obsess about the colours and texture. then i obsess about whether or not my partner will like it. then i get over it. ish.

6 Likes

I’m working on getting to the point where I can pivot or take a more “respond to the piece” approach but currently I’m stuck in having an exact vision I’m trying to achieve.

5 Likes

depends on the project, but there’s generally some amount of evolution. I’m very much a “muck about & see what happens” kind of creator.

4 Likes

Definitely depends on the project, if I am doing a crochet piece, I am much less likely to wing it, but most other craft projects start with clear idea, morph into something else along the way, with a healthy dose of winging it thrown in for good measure!

3 Likes

I always have a clear idea of what I want to make. However…when things go sideways, I try to roll with it and adjust to make the thing work. I rarely abandon an attempt completely, unless it was utter crap and even then I see if there are parts I can salvage for a different idea.

So far my biggest failures have been with paper clay. That stuff hates me.

3 Likes