COMPLETE-Color in a Box 2022 Sign Up: 1.2-1.9.22/ Send out: 2.11.22

I put the finishing touches on a couple of items this weekend woohoo! I could totally send right now BUT I like to keep it around a bit and find things here and there, so my goal is shipping by the end of this week! Its also -1 F right now so the urge to go outside hasn’t hit!

2 Likes

Comparatively, I’m a balmy 1F over here so… same! (Plus I havent unearthed the car and driveway from the 24" of fluffy snowfall yet. You know, shoveling is much less successful with a kid. She kept climbing the hills I was making and sliding down- avalanching the recently shoveled snow back to my cleared spots! Good thing we have nowhere to be today so it was ok to keep it fun. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I have the fillers taken care of. still working on the medium item. I changed m mind a few times and only landed on a final idea a few days ago.

3 Likes

Sometimes you don’t feel it. Even while your brain is saying blah, just pick it up, sit down, and start. I don’t know what the project is, but set a timer, so it doesn’t feel unending. And when the bell rings walk away. Little steps will get you there, too.

This is not how I usually make, but this is what I’ve been doing, and it’s been pretty successful!

3 Likes

Thank you for the wise advice!

2 Likes

I put the swap aside for a decent spell but found the muse and delved into it again recently. I had to shift my approach for the medium as I frequently bite off more than I can chew. It is already looking great though so I am excited to see it finished

2 Likes

Doing OK here, in the islands far, far away. Work has been busy here too! But getting close to finishing my parcel to send to the magical land of Oz :sunny: :palm_tree:

4 Likes

I hope it is warm and cozy in Oz! I just hope my package makes it out of the U.S. Midwest before Snowmageddon hits.

6 Likes

Sent today! I’ll send info probably tomorrow, though. I’m sleepy.

5 Likes

Wow!! I hope you are wrapped up warm and cosy!

2 Likes

Hot and sweaty in Oz doesn’t sound quite as nice as warm and cosy. Don’t forget we are in Celsius here! And that’s 5:27PM.

I didn’t get my parcel of to the Land of the Long White Cloud today. Maybe tomorrow. :wink:

4 Likes

Heat wave here waking up to 11F or -12C but its 13 degrees warmer than when I woke up yesterday and the weather man declared we are warming up! Yeah they’ll use anything here

Technically I’m done but we still have time and I still have ideas lol Usually I’m down to the last minute so its a nice feeling

4 Likes

My package to @sonjaboo is out for delivery today! I can’t wait for her to receive her box of sunshine!

5 Likes

I am SO excited. It is 8 degrees here right now. 8. Can’t wait to see some sunshine in a box! :smiley:

My package is also on its way to bunny1kenobi! This was such a fun swap to craft for. I have to say, I really started to overthink the colors. “Is this the right shade that my partner likes? Is this even that color?” Ha!

3 Likes

Snowing, freezing, grey.

One more ferry ride over & back, then my sister will be moved to her new place.

5 Likes

That looks so very, very cold! hope the move has all gone smoothly :snowflake:

1 Like

I’m hoping to get everything finished this weekend and mailed out.

1 Like

Is there a gallery for this swap? I just received a wonderful box of sunshine from Kwality570!

7 Likes

Hi all! Well I am a bit behind in assembly because of course I am. I will need to send by Friday though as we’re heading out of town on Friday night! I got a new job (yay!) working with a team on the west coast, so my days are running a little longer and later than I’m used to, and I am just tired from the stress of not having had a true break from work. I started with a new company in June 2021 and didn’t really want to take any time off as I was new- from June 2021 to Nov 2021, my first 6mo, and then ended up being aware that my job was going away & looking for work since Nov 2021. I did interviews Christmas week and New Year’s… no rest for the weary. And now, I’m off next week :sweat_smile:

New job had me start right away (offer deadline was MLK day / Monday, when I accepted, and they had me start on Tuesday :flushed: and since I didn’t get to take time off before onboarding (their person in the role was one foot out the door) I made arrangements with them to take it off next week instead. Whew! TMI!!! oh well. So I’ll be sending by end of the week at latest.

8 Likes

Yay, new job! Congrats!

3 Likes