COMPLETE Felt Badge Swap - Send outs June 22, 2022

Thank you all for enjoying my fun ice creams. And yes, I am consistently delighted and blessed to have my husband. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I’ve finished the planning phase! I have both badges designed and color-blocked. Next step will be neatening lines and transferring patterns to the felt! Usually, I dither for far too long over what I will make, so this time I am trying to just go for it, and then use the extra time to make things extra neat and maybe more detailed. :+1::+1:

2 Likes

I’ve been busy and just now checking in.
I have an idea for one partner and plan on working on it this weekend. Still percolating ideas for partner2

How’s everyone else doing?

2 Likes

I was hoping to be slightly more productive with this over my 4 day weekend, but I did manage to A) dig out my felt, B) sketch out some ideas and back-up ideas, and C) make a start on one badge.

4 Likes

I’ve got pieces cut and dry-fit (fitted?). Now I just need to suck it up and start stitching everything into place.

4 Likes

I’m totally in the same place! Afraid to start with the needle. Maybe this weekend…

2 Likes

I haven’t made any felt badges before, so I’m wondering how much embellishment is considered too much? Or is stitching considered the only appropriate addition to the felt?

In the examples @geekgirl listed in the first post the owl & fox have more stitches than the others & the POW is really simple. I think that’s a good range. It’s a pretty basic, quick & easy craft that sounds like we’re collectively over thinking, lol.
We’re headed out of town for the weekend. I’ve settled on designs & am going to cut & stitch on our trip.

4 Likes

just realized I wasn’t watching this topic! I have my idea planned, it’s been a nice week so no crafting time yet!

1 Like

Back from the weekend away, got my ideas cut out for all 3.

I’ll stitch this week, should be able to send early.

3 Likes

I’m more than half way through! Not sure I’m making exactly what y’all are making but I’m sticking with not over thinking it.
How’s everybody else doing?

2 Likes

I’m mostly done with the base stitching of my two. Then I’ll be onto embellishment (don’t worry I’m not going overboard!!), then the final assembly. So maybe I can post next week.

3 Likes

Ooh, I’m done all three! Have to package up & send them off, might be able to get that done by Friday, woohoo!

3 Likes

I have a few finishing touches to put on mine, but I lovelovelove how it’s looking so far. :grin:

4 Likes

Ah! So exciting! I did not get a chance to start stitching over the weekend, but hoping to soooon!

2 Likes

Ok, all my elements are stitched into place. Let the embellishment begin!

4 Likes

What’s all this embellishing y’all are talking about?
I’m about to mail out but now I’m feeling hesitant…

1 Like

A lot of the details I want are too small/tricky to get with felt. I am adding embroidery details on top of the cut felt shapes…hope that makes sense without going into specifics!

3 Likes

Oh, I gotcha. Faces, lines, etc. 'k, I’m safe then :smile:

3 Likes

Exactly!

1 Like

I’m giving myself no time to worry about it. Sent all 3 just now :smile:

5 Likes