COMPLETE: Fridge Magnet Swap Round 1 SU: 7/30-8/10. SO: 8/31/20

I had to add the tram station after we were paired. I think it’s beautiful! But one stop away?! That’s crazy! I’m half way through one 1 magnet, have an idea for 2 others and have to narrow the remaining 10 ideas down. :wink:

3 Likes

I’m starting crafting, but am waiting for one more supply item to finish up. But I am starting everything I can without it. This is fun!

2 Likes

Finishing up magnet # 1!

4 Likes

I have locked in on a concept and I’m working on a new (for me) technique. Since magnets are small projects, It’s easy to see progress. This is Heaven!!!

5 Likes

For those interested in the tram station near @Annchen:

12 Likes

Second magnet done!

6 Likes

I’m close to done. I had to rethink a couple magnets but I’m pretty happy with my end results.

6 Likes

My last supply item arrives on Monday, then I can finish up my magnets!

3 Likes

I need magnets for my magnets, lol. I’ve got three magnets in various stages of progress plus one storebought I think I’ll send too. I’ve been digging deep in the craft room today, and I think it paid off :chipmunk:

So tomorrow: magnets, and a professional paintjob on one of the naked magnets in process, hopefully. There’s still one magnet that I have a neat idea for, but nooo idea how to tackle it. Well, maybe one idea. We’ll see tomorrow. Last chance before the craft room needs to transform back into a wfh-room again.

7 Likes

I finished one magnet tonight and started work on another! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Magnet #2 done! I’m considering using a medium I haven’t touched since high school for the third one… Maybe I’ll give it a try and see how it turns out, and then decide if it’s good enough to send. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

Working on the last magnet then all I need to do is just attach the actual magnet part! Almost ready to send!

5 Likes

Still plugging away! Got distracted this weekend with family/friends events and unexpectedly buying my wedding dress!!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Was originally planning to make my own in a simple tea-length style and went dress shopping with my Mom mostly because she wanted to, and to test length/neckline styles. Left with the perfect dress and veil, and honestly, a load off my mind. There’s so much other stuff to do, and I’d like to make or at least embellish some of the gifts that I will give my wedding party, etc.

Back to magnets and other swap items now! :hibiscus:

9 Likes

Bought a new supply I’d never used before --it’s way cool!- and made 3rd magnet last night.

5 Likes

One completely finished and hanging out on the magnet board. One just needs finishing touches. Another halfway done but can be finished once I get an additional supply and rethinking the final two after a causing myself breathing issues. Apparently breathing is a bit important. :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

Working away on magnets today. 3rd try for one that is vexing me (can’t find a plastic to cooperate), but I’m hoping that the outcome will be worth it!

4 Likes

Still having fun making magnets! Two done.

Trying a new craft material for the next one. Eeek! We’ll see what happens.

4 Likes

I have 3 of 5 done, halfway through #4, and … am completely stalled on #5. Argh. May need to give up and try a brand new idea!

1 Like

Blown away by the rainbow train station…

also, @EriChanHime congrats on finding a dress for your wedding! lol I made many wedding dresses for family and friends but I bought mine…weddings have way too much stuff to do to add a dress…you can relax and worry about other things (at least a bit! ha ha)

2 Likes

So I tried adding something to magnet 3 and that messed it up. I started again with another base material and it looked bad. I will try again today. I’m sad because I liked it and I guess I should have left it alone the first time. Luckily this is one of my simpler magnet ideas.

4 Likes