COMPLETE: Little Good Things of 2021-- sign ups 3/1-3/14, Send 3/30

One of the things I’ve had on several of my lists for a while (because it makes me very happy) is “traditionally creepy things doing cute stuff.” In the Hoopless Hoopla swap, @craftADDchick made me a Xenomorph (the nasty aliens from Alien) happily feeding some cute little birdies. I LOVE IT SO MUCH, and it makes me grin every time I walk past it on my wall. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

Ugh, can I pull myself together enough to swap?! :sob::triumph: this past year has just been the most exhausting experience. Between covid and developing, or more accurately exacerbating, some health issues I haven’t really been crafting at all. It’s just been a push to even get through the work days in one piece. But it’s Little Good Things!

2 Likes

@Some_Girl, this looks to be an easy simple swap. Xome treat yourself and get some love back.
And my list:

1. Birds singing
  2. Hot beverages on a cold day…by the fire
  3. Warm kitten on my lap
  4. Wind in the trees
  5. Sunshine
  6. Planting veggie seeds

Oh my poor partner

4 Likes

I joined this one last year. I just need to get some energy from somewhere! 🪡:yarn::scissors:

4 Likes

I haven’t officially worked on my q, but my running list of LGTs includes high ponytails, walking laps around my deck, and newfound appreciations for sprinkles and the movie Clue.

5 Likes

Okay – I gave in! Only one partner though…

Here’s my list. I bet you can all guess what # 1 is! haha!

1. backyard birds – photographing them, listening to them chirp, watching them
  2. flowers, cactus/succulents
  3. being a marching band mom
  4. quilting
  5. starting a garden
  6. traveling
5 Likes

My Northern Flickers were sure making a fuss this afternoon! I love to watch them hop from tree to house gutter & back again, trying to find the best place to start rat a tat tatting.

3 Likes

I had to look them up. What a pretty bird!

1 Like

hello!! i am excited to play!!

i think its pretty close to even being in order, but some days #6 & #7 is higher on the list
1a. knitting 1b. YARN.
2.beer
3.coffee
4.cookies/chocolate/candy
5.trees/nature
6.inappropriate humour
7.swearing
8.clean sheets and clean floors, the rest of the house can forget it
9. winter
10. mountains

5 Likes

I should have put mountains on my list! I usually do! Sheesh, must have bird brain!

4 Likes

They are sometimes so big that it feels wrong to have something that large in my yard! Very skittish, so if one sticks around while I am outside, it feels so rewarding.

The American Robins are singing up a chorus in the evenings lately, big sign of spring! The Snow Geese & Tundra Swans & Trumpeter Swans will be heading north any day now. They gather in the fields north of me, a nice quick hour of early morning driving to get there for some excellent birding,

3 Likes

I had so much fun with this swap last time around that I had to sign up again! I’m making things a little complicated for my partner(s) because I am asking for some little good things I can share with my 89 year old great-aunt who’s in poor health and could use some extra cheer, but hopefully it will all work out

4 Likes

I’m sure lots of people would love to craft for her, I know I would!

1 Like

Can’t wait to get started with this swap!! Won’t be long now :smile:

3 Likes

Indeed! Anyone waiting until the last minute or trying to decide-- get your questionnaires in before the end of the weekend if you’re going to! :grin:

And for those waiting-- anybody have a Little Good Thing from their weekend to share?

5 Likes

Beers by the fire was my LGT last night. :wink: :beers: :fire:

6 Likes

Girlfriend I’ve known since we were 13 called to catch up. She teaches aerial ribbons etc, usually traveling to Japan, Hawaii, the arctic to work with at-risk youth. Covid has her thinking about going back to school for massage therapy. At 50. What a shift this past year has caused for so many. It can be inspiring to hear how some people are coping.
Is that a LGT? It feels huge, somehow.

3 Likes

The sun is shining, my snow peas and basil are sprouting, and I’m feeling well again after a stomach bug, so I’m doing a few loads of laundry and tidying up in general. I love pottering around the house on a Saturday.

3 Likes

I’m still here!

For my list, I put:

Things that are the color orange or taste like orange
The beach
Going on long drives
Nature
Ice cream

However, I just found out how much I weigh when I went to the dr. Thursday and I’m going to have to take ice cream off my list. Seriously. I love ice cream and it’s really hard for me to not be tempted. I know that real ice cream can’t be part of a swap package :slight_smile: but I don’t want any reminders of what I can’t have.

Hmmmm…now I need to think of something else for #5…I’ll list it when I think of it.

3 Likes

little good thing for this weekend: sat in a restaurant for the first time this year.

5 Likes