Complete - Make a Bag and Fill It (Signups 12/30-1/13, Sendout 2/27)

I will! I got it cut out, but not sewn. And I have about a million things going on so I know I can’t join a larger swap. I am super excited about the gallery and bummed that I can’t join in.

3 Likes

Thanks for the ping, I’m going to skip this one. Looking forward to the gallery!

2 Likes

Sorry guys… I have more on my plate than I expected. :confused: I really wanted to do this one.

2 Likes

House of sickness over here, ugh.

3 Likes

@Bunny1kenobi @Magpie Sorry you guys can’t make it! I hope everyone gets well soon @Magpie. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Stupid covid. This is the 6th time, I mean, come on now.

2 Likes

6th time? that’s rough, sorry @Magpie

3 Likes

I just realized that the “Extras?” question in the questionnaire meant, “Yes or no on extras?” I’m so silly!
:crazy_face:
I thought we were doing extras for sure, and the question was just asking what things appeal to us.

3 Likes

Poor @Magpie, I hope you feel better soon :heart:

I’m excited to get crafting for this swap!

3 Likes

It’s not me, it’s Rob. So, man cold.

2 Likes

Oh no!! Man sick is no fun at all. Thinking of you all.

1 Like

Hey all check in question.

Have you made bags/purses before? What was the occasion?

1 Like

Have made a couple of purses for myself (no occasion), and one for a swap partner (@kittykill), long ago. I do have supplies to make a fun summer bag for myself that are mocking me at this very moment, hanging from a hook inside my closet door.

2 Likes

I’ve always found it harder to get motivated to make a bag for myself lol

2 Likes

Oh, I just remembered! I also made a D&D bag for someone else on Craftster… Who was that? (Was it you, @Manders ?) Grr, my memory is SO bad!

As well as one for the $5 swap… Think that one was for @lifeinpigtails.

Posting pictures.

4 Likes

It wasn’t me, but those bags are super cute! :purple_heart:

I’ve joined two bag/purse swaps on Craftster. My partner for one was @Edel and I don’t remember the name of the other partner I had. She made me a weekender bag. I would love to see more purse and bag swaps though!

1 Like

I have made a few bags over the years, but I haven’t found any photos, so I guess it’s been a while! I think I’ve got one kind of improv patchwork shoulder bag I made.

@endymion’s pinterest list of bags has got some amazing examples on it, it’s definitely inspiring me!

3 Likes

Hey All check in question for this week:

What other hobbies, besides the crafty ones, do you have?

3 Likes

I enjoy reading as a hobby and also video games. :blush: I started a new series, “Naked in Death” and it’s been very interesting so far.

3 Likes

I enjoy playing games, especially tabletop board games. My son gave me Everdell for Christmas and we have been playing it quite a bit.

Jigsaw puzzles are fun, but I don’t do them much any more, just due to time and space constraints. Word puzzles are fun, too.

I watch things on YouTube and Netflix, etc. … But at the moment, I view that as less of a hobby and more of a bad habit/addiction.

Really, everything else I do for enjoyment could also be characterized as a craft (baking, writing, etc.)

3 Likes