COMPLETE - Mug Rug Swap Round 2 (s/o 3/31) - GALLERY

@endymion, you created a masterpiece! I can’t get over all that beautiful stitching!

@Abbeeroad, I love those mountains! There’s something about them that made me immediately think you were the creator of this. What a fun mug rug!

3 Likes

Beautiful work in this gallery…love the tie dye and the mountains…

2 Likes

Yay!! I’m so glad he likes it! I wish I could take credit for the awesome tie dye, but it is all Mr. road’s old Grateful Dead tie dye shirt collection. I chose the best focal piece for the back.

@endymion - wow! What a beautiful rug you made AIMR! Stunning stitching paired perfectly with that fabric.

4 Likes

Whoa, I just read that to him & he was so tickled to hear it! He asks if your man is headed to any Dead & Co. summer shows. LOL, these guys!

2 Likes

He is more into techno these days, lol. I think that’s the only reason I was allowed to cut up those old tees!

1 Like

I received a gorgeous mug rug from @AIMR today!

And look, it’s double-sided!

The design and the stitch work are both just stunning. All the black threadwork looks like it was drawn on; so cool! And just look at those incredibly tidy corners. Love, love, love!
I think it’s funny that both of us designed something with a large, heavily-stitched circle in the design.
Thanks so much, Linda! I’ve already started using it.
Edited to add: Love the colors and the fabric choices, too! Thanks again!

12 Likes

It is AWESOME! I love the scribbly stitching, did you do free-motion embroidery or just move things around with regular machine sewing?
I tried free-motion for the first time for this swap, it’s cool.

2 Likes

I love these sweet little houses.

4 Likes

Incredible hand stitched work on these! I love the movement it gives to the pieces.

All of these are beautiful little pieces of functional art.

4 Likes

Glad you like it! I was smiling when I got the one you made because I also thought it was funny that we both had circles! I was busting to tell you, but wanted to wait until you got it…ha ha I absolutely love circles and love finding new ways to make them.

This was really fun because I used a style that I am comfortable with…more free-style. To be honest, it was by pure “because I misjudged where to start the spiral stitching” that the center is over a leaf in the fabric! ha ha Looks like I did it on purpose, right? (Wrong! ha ha)

@magpie…I just used my regular sewing machine. I haven’t mastered much on my embroidery machine…I heard this type of stitching is called scribble drawing…just up my alley!

5 Likes

Oh you do it on a regular machine. You drop the feeddogs & use a darning foot. And yes, it’s like scribbling a bit. To practice for stipple quilting I watched a video that suggested writing in cursive, I’m going to try stitching some words & see how it goes!

4 Likes

I don’t even do that…I use a regular foot and my old machine has no way to drop the feed dogs…I don’t use a pattern either…I just start sewing…

3 Likes

Guess what the postman just struggled to put through my letterbox…

This amazing beauty:

And a cute card and some candies

This is such an awesome my rug with beautiful poppies - good stalking @Annchen
Thank you

7 Likes

Eeek! A poppy mug rug! This is so unique and gorgeous. :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Yay! It looks like it survived being mailed without getting too squished.

3 Likes

What a good idea for a mug rug, @annchen! I love that you added such lovely flowers to it!

4 Likes

Yay!! Beautiful new additions to our gallery! I’m on the road today and tomorrow, but will get everything updated and post proper replies/appreciation on Monday! Thanks for being an awesome and understanding group this past week!

4 Likes

Gorgeous poppies!

3 Likes

Oh, wow! Amazing! Love the poppies.

3 Likes

A felted mugrug is so smart! It will be absorbant & protective, not to mention pretty.

3 Likes