COMPLETE Mug Rug Swap (signup 7/12-7/19; send outs 8/23)

I have only drawn pictures…looked through my stash…

2 Likes

I’m having annoying motivational problems today. Hopefully I’ll get a start on this or SOMETHING tomorrow. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve got an idea for the mug rug and I’m gathering all I need :relaxed:

2 Likes

Hey guys! I’m back and playing catch up.

Let’s check in! Have you all messaged your partners? Was there anything that surprised you in your partner’s questionnaire (no spoilers!)? (You can answer no to this question, lol).

2 Likes

I’m super excited to be partnered up with @MistressJennie although I will admit that I’m a bit intimidated! I am excited about the partnering, however. I don’t think in the 12 years that I’ve been swapping here and on the other site that I’d ever been partnered with her! So much fun! I have some special fabric arriving to me today or tomorrow and I’ll get brainstorming once I see it!

4 Likes

Wow, that’s really cool partnering! There’s several people I’ve never been partnered with before, too, and she’s one of them as well. Have a great time!!

2 Likes

@MistressJennie and I are friends and I have swapped with her several times and I STILL get intimidated! She is pretty awesome, but then so are you, so I’m sure you’ll make each other something amazing!

I am super excited to be swapping with @photojenn - we have never swapped before either, but I think that’s because I came into C-ster much later than her and we didn’t overlap much. Both of us have been playing with so many fun techniques in the art journal and paper craft-alongs that I’m going to try to translate some to fabric. Could be great or a flop, lol. We’ll see!

6 Likes

I stalked my partner’s Pinterest board and made up my mind. I hope it’ll turn out as I’m picturing it in my mind :grimacing:

3 Likes

Just finished my hoopla swap last night, so I’ll start on this one next! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I haven’t made a start here yet, but I have all next week off. I’m going to pack down my work desk and reclaim it for crafting.

2 Likes

I have commenced crafting!

3 Likes

I too have commenced crafting…in my head, where all fabulous and amazing things have been crafted. Since I have a small house, I keep them up there in my noggin for safe keeping.

OK, I’ve stalked, sketched, and pretty much know what I am going to do. Now to find time to make.

3 Likes

I’ve stalked and planned, and written to my lovely partner, but have yet to pull out fabrics. I did an online jewelry making retreat last week, and it was 4 classes over 4 days, and so I have 4 different types of jewelry crafting bits and bobs pulled out, and scattered across my cutting table. Once I clear that up this afternoon, I’ll start pulling stuff out. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I don’t really love what I sewed over the weekend so I decided to go back to the drawing board tonight. The good news is I came up with several ideas I think I like better, the bad news is now I have to pick one!

2 Likes

I have scoured my stash and found a fabric that is perfect. I need to grab a coordingating one now. I have a couple of ideas already. Pretty sure I know the one I am going with. I should be starting this weekend. I went away last weekend and I am playing catch up on all the chores I didn’t do during the week. :crazy_face:

3 Likes

Finally settled on an idea last night. :slight_smile: Now just waiting on some supplies that I can hopefully pick up this weekend. XD

3 Likes

I’ve stalked and planned a bit… But I caught 'rona and now I’m not allowed to go fabric shopping!! :cry: (I’m fine, just mild cold symptoms - double vacc’ed)

2 Likes

Thinking good thoughts for you @Noodle ! :heartpulse:

1 Like

Hope you are feeling better…just curious, but how long ago did you get your second dose? People I know have been exposed and have not caught anything but have been DD’d for a little over 4 months now…just trying to figure out if I need to go get the booster or not.

Data came out recently showing (at least for Pfizer), efficacy drops to ~84% at 6 months.

Efficacy is also lower against Delta (~40-88%).

However, all that said, vaccines are still doing amazing at preventing severe disease/hospitalization/death. Breakthroughs are happening, but vast majority are mild cases (like colds). And natural immunity is likely pretty good as well. So, if you are double dosed and get COVID, it could be akin to a booster (this is entirely my deduction, I have not read that ANYWHERE)! There’s also data showing that if you recovered from COVID, 1 dose of vaccine results in similar protection as 2 doses in someone who didn’t get COVID. Combination vaccine/natural immunity - we’ll get there!

We are going to have to start living with this disease somehow…it is a mental shift for sure.

Hope you are feeling better @Noodle!

6 Likes