COMPLETE Mug Rug Swap (signup 7/12-7/19; send outs 8/23)

My second jab was about 3 weeks ago. I’m fine, it’s like a mild cold - but we are told to isolate even still to limit the spread. As far as I’m told, being vaccinated means you are unlikely to get seriously ill and it makes you less contagious, but doesn’t remove the risk entirely

4 Likes

It is quite annoying that I can’t go fabric shopping though because this would be perfect crafting time!!!

4 Likes

Totally!

Thank you…the only person I know who got mild symptoms was a woman who caught it less than three weeks after her second shot…I am reading that people think they are immediately immune after the shot and they don’t realize they need time to build antibodies. I am confident that I am protected.

2 Likes

I started a mug rug last night. All planned out and ready to go. But…I need time.

Tonight some dear friends are stopping through on their way to Michigan. So a fun night at our house. And the house is clean. That’s what friends are for!

2 Likes

Just checking in OMG nothing like signing for swaps for work to go CRAZY!!! I did finish the mug rug then didn’t like it!!! So started over! Coming along much better take 2

4 Likes

We’ve got time! I’m visiting my dad up North this weekend so no crafting time again for me…yet.

2 Likes

I have not started but I have a plan. I will be finishing up the hoopla swap this weekend and then concentrate on this one.

4 Likes

Cutting out tiny pieces…

2 Likes

Looks like I will be hand sewing on the airplane or at the airport…

5 Likes

I have a plan! I think it’s fun! I hope my partner does, too. But, she’s lovely, so I don’t have any anxiety - although that’s bound to kick in when I ship. Usually how it works. :smiley:

I have to pull some fabrics and see if I need anything. And for those that cannot go to a fabric store, there’s some damn fine online shopping available!

4 Likes

I found a perfectly themed fabric for the backing!

1 Like

I had a plan, and started that plan. And then rethought the whole process. I can still use what I started, but I need to redo another part. All in the fun of following no pre-written pattern.

1 Like

This sounds exciting.

1 Like

Check in question!

Coffee or tea…or just the cookie? :wink:

I am a coffee person, but do appreciate an afternoon cup of tea on cold or rainy days. :blush:

2 Likes

Tea! I’m a tea addict :joy: and I have quite a selection of loose tea at home.
Unfortunately there aren’t many places where you can get a good cup of tea so when we’re at a cafe it’s the only occasion that I go for coffee, usually a latte. Coffee gives me a racing heart though.

2 Likes

Definitely coffee for me. I’ll drink a soy chai latte once in a while or lemon ginger tea if my throat hurts but coffee every morning.

2 Likes

Dark roast coffee. I like my coffee like I like my men. Strong and bitter. Lol just kidding.

I do like tea. I’m southern so I grew up on sweet iced tea. I was an adult before I ever had hot tea. I like earl grey and lady grey. And lemon ginger tea. And mint.

4 Likes

I love coffee but unfortunately for the last several years my stomach has rejected it, so I’m now firmly a tea person, and in fact a soy chai latte is my beverage of choice! XD And yes please to all the cookies (without tree nuts, another thing my body has recently rejected).

2 Likes

Coffee…darker the better…working on my mug rug in DC airport…

Lol…dining with the pilots

6 Likes