COMPLETE - Paper Embellishment and Ephemera Swap

Haha…my craft projects tend to migrate…well, everywhere. You never know where inspiration pops up :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m learning a lot and keep moving forward. I do have the day off, the kids are in school, misters working but otherwise house to myself today! And I have the majority of the 6ft craft table cleared off to go to town!

2 Likes

We are back up to hot summer temperatures for this weekend, so that should be lovely for hanging out indoors and doing a bunch more little paper things.

1 Like

How’s everyone doing?

I feel like it was a slow ride to the top, but now I am gaining speed as I descend. I had hoped to get @jemimah 's in the mail early but since I am making 2 packages, it makes sense to work on them in tandem. I still hope to mail by Friday.

3 Likes

I’m nearly done! My final crafted item wasn’t working out as planned so I’m trying to think of something different… have a few things pulled from my stash… so I could be sending any day now :wink: Hoping to send by Thursday at the latest, but if that doesn’t work out I’ll send on the 14th

I’m on track to mail Magpie’s paper goodies on either Thursday or Friday (dependent on the results of one last idea I would like to try…) :smiley:

Maybe Friday? I seem to be crafting for hours & not getting anything finished! Might be one of those uphill momentum things though, I dunno. Could get to the crest point & then speed right up, my fingers are crossed!

1 Like

I have a growing handfull of stuff, but still working.

1 Like

I’m slow at this! Still working away on ideas though its been a learning curve

1 Like

I’m slow too, but making progress :smiley_cat: I’m having a lot of fun trying some new ideas!

2 Likes

Glad I’m not the only one moving slowly!
I have a bunch of brilliant ideas, but when I sit down to do them, they aren’t working out that well :stuck_out_tongue:
Hopefully Wed. & Thurs. will be full of crafty energy!
I must admit that I tend to work well close to a deadline…

and I just realized that Thurs. might be a Zoom meetup here? So maybe that will give me the final push needed :slight_smile:

I arted & made a huge mess with my friend yesterday. So much fun & I got a set of things done that I am quite pleased with. Thanks @Reinikka for brainstorming with me, your suggestions worked to joggle me unstuck from the place I was frozen in!

5 Likes

Happy to help! It was fun getting to brainstorm without the pressure of making anything myself :sweat_smile: lol. Can’t wait to see what you came up with :slight_smile:

I purchased watercolor and acrylic paper! Oh Boy down the rabbit hole I go

Magpie’s swap package is on its way to her!
I wrote ‘paper embellishments’ as the item description on the customs form and the postal worker wanted to know what paper embellishments were :laughing:

2 Likes

I recently received some supplies from 10DotStudio (?) in Poland and she just wrote “scrapbook paper” for the contents, even tho it was washi tape and other stuff.
So I have learned to keep it simple. @jemimah - Your package will say “Paper” to keep it easy, okay?

3 Likes

It’s sometimes a challenge to come up with what to write on the customs form for swap packages - I like to be honest but not use obscure craft terms that may look suspicious :rofl:

1 Like

I have one last item drying and then ready to ship so maybe tomorrow? I am very nervous about this one as its truly my first paper swap!

Simple is best! I think I’ll just put “paper” or “set of paper crafts” or similar rather than itemising different little bits.

I’m making good progress, should be mailing on time!

I just took another look at my partner’s pinterest, and now I have about 50 things I want to make! LOL
I am easily overwhelmed & was hoping to get finished up in time to mail tomorrow morning, (and be early for once) but it may be Monday after all…

1 Like