COMPLETE-Quilt Block Swap (Signups CLOSED; Sendouts 6/3/21)

Everyone is required to pick at least 1 beginner friendly block for their list. :heart: And I’m sure we can figure out an option for you partner wise that you’d feel comfortable with. Don’t worry. Everyone is welcome. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I also don’t feel skilled enough to join the large swap. My blocks are super simple but I would freak out if I have to do precision cutting and piecing. So I will quilt alongside you all and drool over the gallery pics.

And yes, I did see the the single partner option. I’ll think about it…

1 Like

Maybe if there are enough of us that want to swap a smaller number of simpler blocks we can form our own little subgroup, lol. :thinking:

Hopefully I’m not just making more work for @MistressJennie with this thought. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I’m also lurking, but not super experienced with patchwork …

Will keep an eye on this while I think, it’s very tempting!

1 Like

I like simple blocks…and, I can usually make any block work for a tote bag or runner…I don’t think I am going to even think of making a quilt…I love making blocks, even if I just look at them…

I would be happy to swap with multiple people who only want to send one block!

3 Likes

Hey @Abbeeroad - I would also be interested in hearing about a much smaller swap. Maybe 1 (one) for each member in the small group? So for a group of 4 (including me), I would only make 3 total?

I don’t want to interfere with this swap, either, or complicating the original swap idea, so also open to personal swap.

Tagging @roler and @Smmarrt just in case.

2 Likes

Ok Friends, now that I’m awake and have had my tea, I’ve had time to think through some options for those of you wishing to participate, but who are worried about making so many blocks. There are now 3 options:

I should also note that due to the fact that swap participation is down overall, I might get a bit creative with my partnering if we have a small number of participants. For example, if smmarrt wanted just 1 partner, and Abbeeroad was open to Small Group, perhaps I’d pair smmarrt & Abbee together, and also add Abbee to a smaller-small group. If that makes sense.

How does that sound?

5 Likes

I am liking the small groupoption. Home improvement projects ate ramping up.

3 Likes

Perfect!! Thank you Jennie!

1 Like

Depending on how many people sign up overall, we might ALL be doing small group. Swap participation across LC is much lower than it was back on Deadster. I just had 6 people sign up for the Harry Potter Owl Post Swap. I’m much more used to 20+ participants on an HP swap of any kind. :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

I don’t have any time at all for this swap, but I wish you all the best! I know there will be great blocks made!

2 Likes

After considering my schedule, as well as projects I want to finish up, I’ve decided I’d better hold off on joining this swap. But I’m really excited to follow along and see what everybody comes up with!

My hearts wants to swap, but I need to temper it with a cooler head. I’m going to pass, but I will watch for the gallery!

LOL. That seems to be everyone’s decision. We currently have just 1 swapper, besides myself. Apparently this was just not the time for this swap, even though folks voted for it.

I abstained from voting as I knew I couldn’t commit until I saw the actual dates and swap details.

I didn’t join in the other swaps so I could do this one…even if there are just three of us, it could be an easy swap…

3 Likes

I just sent in my questionnaire!! Let’s do this!

2 Likes

And lo, there were three!

1 Like

I just have to pick my blocks…there are way too many to choose from!

1 Like

Hey Friends! My apologies. We’ve had a rough week, and I wasn’t able to check in on things for this swap as I normally would have. I was going to close signups on Sunday, but haven’t done so yet to see if we had anyone else who wanted to play with us. @AIMR, are you still planning to sign up once you decide on blocks?

For @roler & @Abbeeroad, right now it will be either three of us, or four if Linda joins in. So since we are already a small group, I thought we could decide together, exactly what we’d like to do. We could have all swappers be one ‘Small Group’, and stick with one block per person. Meaning we’d each 2 or 3 blocks total. We could do a hybrid between Small and ‘Traditional’, where we decided to do 2 blocks per person, meaning we’d make a total of 4-6 blocks. Less than the original plan for Traditional, but we’d each end up with a few more blocks.

Or, depending on if AIMR joins us, we could either do single partners, with those folks deciding between themselves on how much to do; or if it’s just 3 of us, a Round Robin. TBH, Round Robins aren’t my favorite. I think they can be really helpful in the right circumstances, but I love sending something back to the person who crafted for me.

Final idea is that we could all be in the same small group, and yet decide between each other how much to craft per person. For example, if roler wanted to make just one block per person, Abbee & I could each craft one in return; but if Abbee & I each wanted to make 2 blocks for the other, we could decide together to do that, without effecting what roler was up to.

So what do you guys think? There’s no wrong answer here, and no judgement.

2 Likes