COMPLETE-Quilt Block Swap (Signups CLOSED; Sendouts 6/3/21)

(Quilt blocks by @marionberries)
Link to Gallery!

Swap name: Quilt Block Swap
Lettuce Craft member who is organizing this swap: MistressJennie
Sign-up date range: 4/20/21 - 5/2/21
Send out Date: 6/3/21
Limited to a certain number of people? No

Restricted to people who all live in the same country? No

Additional Age requirement? No

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
Is at least 18 years old: YES

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
Has been a member for at least one month: YES
Has posted at least 15 times: YES
Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
Does not have any negative feedback: YES

Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: YES
Has posted a comment in this thread and will check regularly for swap updates YES
If within the US, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES
If outside the US, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES

:thread: :yellow_heart: :thread: :yellow_heart: :thread: :yellow_heart: :thread: :yellow_heart: :thread: :yellow_heart: :thread: :yellow_heart: :thread: :yellow_heart: :thread:

Details of Swap
There will now be three options for participation in this swap.

#1. Traditional: Swappers will be placed into small groups of 3-5 members, depending on number of people who sign up. Each swapper will craft 3 blocks for each member of their group. So if there are groups of 3, you would craft 3 blocks for each of the 2 other people in your group, totaling 6 blocks. If the groups are 4 people, you would craft 3 blocks for each of the 3 other people in your group, totaling 9 blocks.

#2. Small Group/Group Lite: Swappers will be placed into a group of 3-5 members, and will craft JUST ONE block for each person in the group. Meaning in a group of 3, they would craft 2 blocks for the other two members of their group. In a group of 5, they would craft 4 blocks, for each of the other 4 members in the group.

#3. Individual: For this option, you would be partnered with a single person, and would craft 1-2 blocks for them, based on what you and your partner decide together.

Please note, the size of the Traditional and Small Groups will be based on how many people sign up overall, and I will attempt to make sure no one feels overwhelmed.

Each swapper will pick 2-5+ quilt block designs they are looking to receive, and give details on desired color & style; with at least one block being a simple beginner-friendly design, while the others may be more challenging. (You may of course pick several beginner friendly blocks.)

If you are hoping to make a whole quilt from the blocks you receive: You are encouraged but not required to craft an example block of the blocks you are requesting, so that partners can get a feel for the style you are going for.

Please Note: If there are members who wish to have just 1 partner, I am open to having an option to accommodate them as well. We can discuss this in the thread during the signup phase.

Finally extras are not required, but participants may decide between themselves if they wish to include scraps of fabric they used in their blocks, for the recipient to use when finishing their quilt, or may decide to include other extras as they wish.

:thread: :yellow_heart: :thread: :yellow_heart: :thread: :yellow_heart: :thread: :yellow_heart: :thread: :yellow_heart: :thread: :yellow_heart: :thread: :yellow_heart: :thread:

Quilt Block Swap
LC username:
Email address:
Your real name and address: AS IT NEEDS TO APPEAR ON THE PACKAGE

Would you be willing to ship to an address outside of your own country? YES/NO
Confirm that you are at least 16 years old. YES/NO
Confirm that you understand that tracking numbers are required for packages within the US, and a photograph of the receipt from mailing is required for all international packages. YES/NO
Are you able to take photos of the package you receive to post in the gallery? YES/NO

Which option of participation would you like? Traditional (3 blocks to each of 2-4 partners), Small Group (1 block to each of 2-4 partners), or Individual (1-2 blocks for 1 partner).

Please list 2-5+ quilt blocks, including colors and sizes youā€™d like to receive., along with a link to the pattern. These should include at least one option for beginning stitchers, with others that can range from intermediate to advanced.

Ex. Churn Dash Block - 12" finished (12.5" unfinished), with dark red or blue churns and white background.

1. Block Name, Size Finished/Unfinished, colors desired

Please describe your overall quilting style and aesthetic.

Please describe what kind of quilts youā€™re hoping to make with your blocks.

Do you wish to send extras?

Do you pan to make any example blocks, so your partners can see what style youā€™re going for?

Do you or anyone in your home smoke?
Do you have pets?
Are you allergic to anything?

Patterns/Symbols/Motifs:
Materials:

DISLIKES
Colors:
Patterns/Symbols/Motifs:
Materials:

Anything else to share with your partners? (Great place for a link to your Pinterest or examples of quilts you love.

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

Link to Gallery!

3 Likes

Participants:
:thread: @MistressJennie
:roller_coaster: @roler
:deciduous_tree: @Abbeeroad
:purple_heart: @AIMR

Iā€™m going to keep my eye out for the gallery on this one!

1 Like

Contemplating! I quilt but am not a quilter I have no idea what the designs are called to state on the q

Just google ā€˜quilt blocksā€™, and you can go down a rabbit hole of awesome. Quilterā€™s Cashe is a great place to start. They have tons of free block designs which can be searched by name, OR more helpful for your situation, by size. So if you know youā€™d like smaller 6" blocks for a table runner, or if youā€™re hoping to make a nice lap quilt maybe you want 12" blocks, you can start there.

1 Like

Just sent my questionnaire. I donā€™t have time, but that has never stopped me before. Itā€™s a quick way to get more blocks for more quilts and have fun with my LC friends at the same time.

I wish we could have an old fashioned quilting bee in person. What a blast.

5 Likes

We could potentially do a Zoom Meetup while working on our blocks. It would be interesting because it would be hard to see much of what someone was doing. Weā€™d be catching a brief glimpse of a fabric as someone cut, or pinned something. Could be a nice tease.

2 Likes

Whoops, forgot to include this one in my list of blocksā€¦isnā€™t it gorgeous?

2 Likes

THAT IS AMAZING! :elephant: :heart:

3rd place?!! What placed 2nd & 1st? My gosh, my brains cannot even imagineā€¦

Oh, wow!

2 Likes

This sounds fun, but a bit intimidating for me! If in the future thereā€™s a smaller version of this (maybe same size groups but only one block per partner, easy blocks allowed), Iā€™d love to join! :slight_smile: In the meantime, Iā€™m really looking forward to the gallery! XD

I feel you. Iā€™m afraid of this swap, but still contemplatingā€¦

1 Like

This is a great way to get started. This is the safest place in the world to try out new skills and even get a good jump on a new quilt.

1 Like

Oh, I definitely know that everyone is super supportive and kind! Itā€™s just a bit too much for me to commit to right now (6-9 blocks); I think 3 in a month is probably my max at the moment. (Just finishing one earlier this year felt like a HUGE achievement for me, lol) So I will wait to see if there is a smaller swap later, or maybe look for personal swaps. :slight_smile: But I do look forward to seeing the gallery; Iā€™m sure everyone will make amazing stuff!

I did catch this in the top postā€¦

Maybe this is a nice middle ground for some of us more hesitant to jump right in?

1 Like

Oooh, I somehow missed that! Thanks for pointing that out! :slight_smile: Yeah, Iā€™d love to try that, as long as someone doesnā€™t mind if I do all relatively simple blocks! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Well, I know that I am totally of similar mindset re: simpler blocks, too. :wink:

Wooo! Iā€™d better work on a Q later then! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Iā€™ve been trying to select my quilt blocks for 2 days nowā€¦good thing thereā€™s a long sign up time. :laughing:

1 Like

Yeah, now Iā€™m trying to decide if I want to request blocks for the purple and green quilt Iā€™ve started (as in made one whole block for so far ;P), for a loon and duck themed one I plan to make at some point for my parents (wouldnā€™t need actual loon or duck patterns, just coordinating colors), or for something else entirely. XD

2 Likes