COMPLETE-Summer Book Swap: Sign Up: 6/20-7/4 Send Out: 8/4/22

I can’t remember if I heard about this book on LC, but I recently finished Easy Crafts for the Insane by Kelly Williams Brown, and thoroughly enjoyed it. I read it in a couple of days!
Another quick read for me was I Owe You One by Sophie Kinsella…made me giggle a lot, which I need these days!

and of course, I had to edit this to add a few more:
Sourdough by Robin Sloan (she also wrote Mr. Penumbra’s 24-Hour Bookstore, which I’m planning to reread this year)
The Glass Ocean by B. Williams, L. Willig, and K. White…. Outstanding book, written from 3 perspectives. First time I’ve ever read a book by 3 authors, and it was thoroughly enjoyable!

2 Likes

This is a great one! I’ll have to check out Sourdough.

1 Like

I enjoy Jenny Lawson’s books. As someone with a mental illness, I can look at the things she finds funny and enjoy it as well. It can be a funny subject, like… out of all the things in the world your brain can obsess over, it was (blank). In my case I recorded the seemingly long amount of time I couldn’t decide if I should use a fork or spoon to eat something and that there was definitely a “wrong” choice. I was seriously just staring at the open utensil drawer having this knock down drag out fight in my head. It was absolutely awfully painful at the time because my anxiety manifests itself in painful physical ways as well as mental, but looking back I’m like… WTF? That was ridiculous. Of course, it took a long time to be able to look back.

Um… okay, yes. Jenny Lawson is funny and I think you’d find her interesting even if you didn’t have a mental health disorder.

2 Likes

I had to go to my local bookstore yesterday and I decided to pick up Easy Crafts for the Insane. Looking forward to reading it after I finish Animal, Vegetable, Miracle.

3 Likes

OH! I forgot to add in here that if you don’t like amazon and don’t have a store around you, you can order used books through Alibris. They also do used textbooks such as you would pay out the nose for in college. Most are the media mail flat rate shipping of $4 and change but there’s a sale this weekend.

3 Likes

Making excellent progress on my project!

1 Like

You can also order books from book depository and have them shipped straight to the recipient :hugs:

Edit: Free Shipping

3 Likes

I found books locally this time, but I really like Bookshop.org because you can have the profits go to the local bookstore of your choice. It makes me feel better when I have to order textbooks and I still want to support the local shops.

3 Likes

We are only a few days away from send outs. If you need extra time, please let me and your partner know.

4 Likes

Just waiting on some treats. If they aren’t here by tomorrow I will find something else and send on time.

1 Like

I finished a huge chunk of the craft yesterday–the hardest part I would say.

2 Likes

I’m already getting swap anxiety. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Not about the books themselves tho- pretty sure they will be fantastic!

2 Likes

Send outs are tomorrow!

1 Like

My pkg from @Abbeeroad arrived, but I’m not gonna let myself open until I get hers out the door!
Anyway, for your records, the pkg is in the building!
:smiley:

2 Likes

I’m going to be sending tomorrow instead of today. :expressionless:

1 Like

Send outs are TODAY! Don’t forget to pm me and your partner with shipping information.

3 Likes

Package is on the way, and I absolutely love what @Abbeeroad sent! Will go find the gallery to post

1 Like

I sent today! :+1:

2 Likes

Everyone has received! Thank you guys for such an awesome summer swap. See you in the winter!

4 Likes

Anyone up for a winter round?
Winter Book Swap 2022

1 Like