COMPLETE-Summer Book Swap: Sign Up: 6/20-7/4 Send Out: 8/4/22

Yes! My partner and I have already had a mini discussion regarding this swap. :slight_smile:

I havenā€™t had time to do a lot of craft planning, but I will have time this weekend!

1 Like

That is such a great book! If you like non -fic one of my favorites is Educated.

I actually struggle with non-fiction. I force myself to read at least one per year though. I like the concept, but in practice I read at night and fall asleep! Podcasts work much better for me for non-fiction. Thatā€™s where I first heard about HeLa! It was a story on RadioLab (fave).

I read Educated! Very good. I still think about it sometimes.

2 Likes

Before we were matched up, I meant to comment here to say that the Henrietta Lacks book looks really interesting! I also struggle with nonfiction (would much rather escape to a land where everything is pleasant & works out nicely in the end!) And now that we are swap partners, it just underscores how similar our tastes are!

eta: and @irid3sc3nt I read Educated & thought it was one of the best nonfiction books Iā€™ve read in a long while!

1 Like

Yes, both of those books are very good. They have interesting life experiences that are unique.

@kittykill I have contacted my partner!

1 Like

Ugh. The item I ordered still hasnā€™t been shipped. Itā€™s driving me bonkers. Itā€™s a good thing we have a longer crafting time.

For sure! Check in time!

This weekā€™s question: What is your go to summer snack?

Outshine Popsicles. Real fruit, no added sugar, and is available in several flavors. Arnold Palmers as well, but thatā€™s not a snack.

1 Like

I LOVE LOVE LOVE fresh cherries! Theyā€™re definitely my favorite summer snack. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah, summer fruit is the best. Itā€™s so hard to pick, but I gotta go classic with watermelon! And a nice cold beer of course. :wink:

1 Like

I love those Outshine popsicles also! And I sometimes indulge in some Ben & Jerryā€™s

2 Likes

Iā€™m with @Kwality570 and @Abbeeroad, I love fresh fruit! This summer Iā€™ve been indulging in a bowl of fruit and whipped cream with a handful of chocolate chips and itā€™s divine!

ETA: I have been reading Great Circle by Maggie Shipstead and I canā€™t put it down. Itā€™s just before 10pm, can I get through 300 pages or stop before Iā€™m exhausted? Sources say: nope, haha.

3 Likes

I love fresh summer fruitā€¦berries, peaches, watermelon. I got a half flat of raspberries, blueberries and Marion berries today. I also love salt water taffy and vanilla fudge. It reminds me of going to the beach when I was a kid.

4 Likes

Summer fruit for the win!

2 Likes

I love cherries! They are my #1, then nectarines and other fruit, and ice cream.

Ooo, which variety? I for some reason didnā€™t eat them as a kid, so Iā€™m still learning which are tastiest.

1 Like

I am not even sure. They have them at the grocery store and I love them. I will have to check.

1 Like

There were some really pretty ones that I saw at a farm stand recently that were sunset colors. I wanted to get some but we ran out of space. I hope I see some again!

They also had ā€œroyalā€ raspberries which smelled divine. I may have to drive the hour back to get more fruit!

Royal Raspberries sound divine!

Rainer cherries are the best ever! I could eat my weight in cherries, blackberries and peaches.

2 Likes