COMPLETE - Winter Games Swap. Due Feb 15

Lately, I have been highly invested in extra toasty Cheese-Its and pomegranates. But, for actual comfort…chicken and noodles, beef stew, always tacos.

2 Likes

Oh! Extra Toasty Cheese-Its are the bomb!!!

2 Likes

I always love mashed potatoes. My husband makes the best. I joke that I married him for his mashed potatoes, but it’s at least partly true :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I love people car soup. It’s red potatoes, peas, and baby carrots. You make a simple roux, add in milk, minced garlic, garlic and onion powder, salt and pepper to taste. At the very end, I add a generous handful of Italian blend cheese. It’s the best.

PS- I call it people car soup because my mom abbreviated potatoes carrots and peas that way on her grocery list. The name stuck with our family

3 Likes

I also love thick creamy soups and stews for comfort food! And right now I’m craving tuna noodle casserole ;p Japanese curry is always a comfort too!

So, over the weekend I have decided on the SUBJECT of my craft for this swap, but am still waffling on the medium. Two good choices. Hmmm…

3 Likes

Ack! Hope you are starting to feel better!

2 Likes

Comfort food! I love food! Mashed potatoes and gravy is way up there. Clam chowder. I love tea and cocoa, also. And a good peanut butter and banana sandwich always reminds me of my childhood.

@gozer thanks for the reminder! I haven’t been on the site for several days! I didn’t even realize how long it has been!

4 Likes

It’s fun to hear everyone’s! I have different things depending on the type comfort.

Cold/cozy: thick soups or stews with potatoes and carrots.
Hot/irritable: cold watermelon.
Stressed: specific kinds of chocolate and/or nuts; barbeque.
Nostaligia: spritz cookies.

4 Likes

Wine? Does that count as a comfort food? Though, honestly, there’s not one food I always like, it varies depending on my mood!

I have made no progress - I still like my idea, but my choice of materials and a tiny bit of the execution is lacking for me, so I might need to start over.

4 Likes

I’m actually packaged and ready to send. I was lucky to have time and inspiration on my side!

4 Likes

I just found the ummm… medium?… I wanted for yours. I’m hoping to start it after dinner tonight!

3 Likes

I worked on mine all afternoon and it’s a total bust! I’m gearing up for round two with fingers crossed. :laughing:

3 Likes

I started work on mine today!

2 Likes

Awe. That sucks. We have all been there. Just take it as experience and dust yourself off. I am sending positive creative vibes your way. You’ve got it this time!

4 Likes

Awww, bummer… I’m still narrowing down my options but I think I might be about there.

1 Like

I worked on my craft for about five hours today and made a ton of progress!

2 Likes

New check-in question! I like to keep the conversation rolling. :smiley:
If you had to chose one season to live in year round, what season would that be?

1 Like

Spring!

1 Like

Oooh, depends on where I’m living! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: In the PNW, I’d definitely choose summer, but in Japan it would have to be spring or fall. XD

1 Like

Fall!!!

1 Like

Here in AZ it would have to be every season EXCEPT summer. I guess that doesn’t really answer the question… ummmm… fall!

4 Likes