COMPLETED - Box of Whimsies Miniatures S/U April 12-21 S/O May 10

I went to the local Saturday Market today and found a couple of little treasures to include. I am enjoying this whole process very much. :heart:

2 Likes

I’m working on my box!

3 Likes

Making my first miniature item ever! (I have only bought miniatures before this) Actually, to be more accurate, I am customizing/embellishing my first miniature item. Since it’s not %100 hand made from scratch, does that still qualify for the swap requirement?

3 Likes

Heck yes!!

2 Likes

Created my pattern for my mini for @MissingWillow. Next to start cutting and pasting!!

2 Likes

That’s pretty exciting, just saying

1 Like

I’m designing my box on Tinkercad!

2 Likes

Wow! How very cool!!

1 Like

I made a surprising amount of progress on my first miniature project. I’m still not sure if I bit off more than I can chew on this one. :thinking:

I am having a similar problem. I keep on getting more and more ideas for the box and I have to remind myself:

1. feature creep” is the reason why I panic before deadlines and
  2. this isn’t a box swap!
    I am enjoying this project a lot though!
2 Likes

Ooh, what is that? My mind went down the path of Elvira-style creepy feature movies. :rofl:

2 Likes

I have been shopping LOL all good I build up supplies this way

Now waiting on a couple f shipments but have plenty to get started!

1 Like

Haha! Here’s an example. Lets say I want to make a simple craft. Then I think to myself, “wouldn’t it be cool if I added this other thing to it? And I could also do that other thing? And what if, instead of using this simple technique, I try out a more complex technique…” I keep on doing this. More and more features creep into a previously simple project making it impossibly complex.

Now I’m picturing Elvira whispering into my ear, “decorate a wood box instead of a cardboard box for the miniature project! You could stain it and wood burn the top. You can even create partitions to for the miniatures like on the swap thumbnail. Why not? Dooooo Eeeeeet!..” then laugh manically and creep away.

So you’re not far off!

5 Likes

lol, Oh my goodness. That makes sense. I get it now. Also, I am glad to know I am not the only one. With my mini item I found myself thinking, well that is going to move, what if that moves too? And what about that? And that? It has certainly gotten more elaborate as I’ve whittled away at it. lol

3 Likes

I thought this WAS a box swap!
Though I might cheat a bit; it specifies a decorated box, but most of my box will probably be a single color.

Of course, my plans will change several times between now and shipping…

3 Likes

Well, you’re right. It IS a box swap. I should have said this isn’t just a box swap. sorry! I guess I’m just making fun of how I’m tempted to pour all of my energy into the box and not much into the crafted miniatures and whimsies.

2 Likes

I went to the creative reuse store yesterday and picked up a few boxes and some goodies to put inside.

Still working on the decoration part - trying to use what I have and not go spend $20 on xxx just to cover a small box, you know what I mean?

6 Likes

I was working on my box of whimsies yesterday and my sweet little girl decided to make some miniatures to go with my theme! It made my heart so happy. :heartbeat:

3 Likes

I am still plotting while working. Little intimidating as one of my partners is IMO a miniature master!!! Its so fun though to look through everything and plan out…sorry to both partners if I lack a concrete theme over all I just have issues deciding :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I want something that’s fun to look at; something that feels accumulated over time is fun. Overall theme isn’t that important.

My houseguests are leaving today, or maybe not (they fly standby).
We’ve been to the Gem Show, a thrift store, the dollar store, and on a hike, finding possible inclusions at each.
I hope to get to start sifting through stash soon, so I can figure out what HAS to go in the box. If things go as usual, I’ll have enough goodies to fill three or six boxes, and will have to make some hard choices. What fun!

4 Likes