COMPLETED - Chunky Houses Halloween Edition 2022 SU:9/1 - 9/8 SO: 10/6/22

I have not begun planning yet. I am just about done with another swap so I am going to get that one done before shifting gears. Will probably start on this one this weekend. Ghouls, ghosts, and spookies are all welcome here.

1 Like

I think Iā€™ve traded houses with both my partners in previous years, so I need to look up what I sent them last time before I start planningā€¦

I took out my notebook last night to start sketching then decided to work on cross stitch since Arlo was out of the room and Milkman doesnā€™t care. Iā€™ll probably sketch today.

1 Like

thought I had posted here but see I have not. mine have hit the mail. this was such a fun swap to craft for thank you for hosting again irid3sc3nt!

2 Likes

You are most welcome!

I did some prelim sketches today. My first ideas usually workout more or less. I do like the creation process, thats the icing on the pumpkin.

2 Likes

I have a good idea of the main themes of my partners, not so sure about the detailsā€¦and I have some bases madeā€¦but, not sure if Iā€™ll use them, I may make different onesā€¦Iā€™ll have to work on the composition a bit more and see if they will work.

1 Like

I received from Goatgoddess! Head over to the gallery.

And I did get the first draft of my houses done. Now to create.

1 Like

I made my bases and then brainstormed for a week trying to figure out what I wanted to do. crafting tomorrow!

1 Like

I know what my main elements are and what a couple of the outlines look like, but Iā€™ll wing the rest. Just spread out the materials and see what happens. That usually works. :sweat_smile:

One done and two started. But now I have to pick up the craft room. We when for a long hike/walk and didnā€™t get the door closed all the way on the craft room. Felix the curious apparently was going for something on a top shelf. A box of ribbon spools and other things are now in the middle of the floor. I just shut the door and had dinner. Tomorrow to clean up and work again on the houses.

Naughty kitty. Arlo likes to harass my cross stitch.

Have a fake crow for Halloween. Our cat Oscar used to find it no matter how well hidden. That cat could levitate in his prime. The crow now lives in the basement most the yearā€¦in a bagā€¦in a boxā€¦on a high shelf. With other boxes on top.

2 Likes

Oh! We should check in. Fav new craft material?
I like the eyelash yarn I purchased.

The only new crafting material Iā€™ve gotten recently is color shifting paintā€¦so I guess Iā€™ll go with that, even though I havenā€™t had much of a chance to use them.

1 Like

I keep looking at that and thinking how neat it is, but I havenā€™t purchased any.

Iā€™ve been playing with my fatherā€™s wood-carving knives, so I guess random wood scraps?

1 Like

I worked on the three today. Part of it was rocking in my squeaky chair and musing about how I could solve a paper crafting issue. I wanted curtains, but I might make them out of paper instead of fabric.

This is weirdā€¦I had themes picked out for my partners, and I had collected most of what I thought I would needā€¦but, decided to go through their questionnaires againā€¦and I couldnā€™t find anything related to one of the themes I had pickedā€¦on either of their questionnaires! :flushed: So, I had to come up with another theme because the theme I had picked was so specific I couldnā€™t really use it.
I wonder where I got that theme from? So weird!

2 Likes

Iā€™ve done that. One time I received a swap item with all the things I didnā€™t want on it, pink, lace, glittery/girly stuff. Made me laugh. I loved it anyway. Sometimes you donā€™t even know what you want.

2 Likes