COMPLETED: Creature Comfort Stuffie Swap SU:July 30 - Aug 10 SO:September 11th

That sucks. I’ve used curbside pickup at Michaels and Jo-Ann and it works great. And you can get same day. I hope your next package is the correct one. That’s sonic are that you got something not even close to what you ordered. I wonder who got your polyfil?

1 Like

Oh man. Not cool.
I have to laugh at the poly-fill issue though because I also ran out, with only a limb or two left and because it was late at night, and I did not want to wait to finish the sewing until the next day, I ended up opening up a plushy I made years ago in order to finish this one. lol

7 Likes

So funny. But a perfect save!

4 Likes

Oh no! Cannibalism! :laughing:

I am… half-done, I think? Only everything else has exploded (child starts school tomorrow, crazy neighbor Drama, and some other stuff) so uh, I think I’ll be fine to send on time, but I’m starting to wonder. :cry:

4 Likes

I ran out of polyfil too! Must have been a thing. :laughing:

3 Likes

Friday is send outs! Just a friendly reminder.

2 Likes

I wish you all lived closer! I have so much polyfil from my couch transformation I would have given you!

4 Likes

Hahaha Polyfil shortage!!

Actually, I DID get mine! It turns out my next door neighbor has a name very close to mine (think Laura Netherfield vs Laura Nelson), and we got each other’s packages! Neither of us even noticed the names until we’d opened them! She brought my Polyfil over and I gave her the watch case. So I managed to nearly finish after all!!

8 Likes

I added the absolute final detail late last night and now I am finished! Today will be pictures and packing it up. :heart:

3 Likes

And my stuffie is still wending it’s way to Canada taking the scenic route. I always wonder where those Canada postal items go when they leave the US. Take a vacation? Hideout in a B&B for a rest? Pub crawl? I mean, it’s Canada, who wouldn’t want to spend some time site seeing? But there is good news.

7 Likes

My stuffie is supposed to be going to East Coast but tracking a few days ago said it was in California, so it is taking a scenic route too. California had been taken off the tracking, so not sure where Hector’s off to now.

5 Likes

A happy ending after all!

2 Likes

Still working over here. Spent the weekend with family doing wedding items (cake tasting and ordering and our first catering tasting are done!) Working on this and my Hoopla swap now. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I feel behind on eeeeeeeeeeverything…

1 Like

This is the stuffie that I made for Roots. He mentioned wanting something cute and liking dragons, I saw this pattern on Etsy and then I saw that he had it on his Pinterest and knew it’d be perfect. I found him a new home and sent him off a few days ago.

I have been hard at work on stuffie #2 today. This pattern is written backwards which is just bizarre, I’ve never seen a pattern start at the feet!

16 Likes

I love the ears! He is so great. So sad that roots doesn’t get to enjoy him, but I’m sure he’d be happy to know this cutie has a new home.

6 Likes

Thank you so much for sharing. He is adorable. I’m glad he found a new home.

3 Likes

What a sweet little face. I wish Roots could have seen it.

I can’t think of any amigurumi starting at the feet, either!

2 Likes

I’ve worked several dolls from the feet up. It actually works pretty well when working as one piece

2 Likes

All finished and ready to ship tomorrow!

3 Likes

I finished mine and am so happy with how it turned out, despite freaking myself out beforehand just feeling intimidated!

My partner and I have arranged to swap in person this weekend. Super excited!

8 Likes