Completed Cryptozoological Swap - Send Outs June 11th

I realized I have another good cryptid story to share. Possibly you may not have heard of it, but the tofudabeast lives in the coastal hills of central California. It is wily. We hunted it several times on camping trips for sustenance, but were never able to get one. It’s a fascinating creature. Moves on four legs, cat-like face, dog-like tail. Jumps like a kangaroo. Excellent night vision. It likes to glean from other creatures’ findings and human settlements. When captured, it leaves behind it’s body and goes on to create another. This makes it highly desirable among vegetarians, as it’s body is made entirely of tofu, yet it does not die. It’s somewhat like a lizard leaving it’s tail behind - it just proceeds to grow again.

6 Likes

I’m sure I would not want to eat that! LOL

2 Likes

Like this? :rofl:

7 Likes

Very similar! (I’m betting that’s exactly where the name is from.)
I took a bunch of friends camping in high school and they decided to go “hunting” the racoons that stole our marshmallows. One was a vegetarian so went hunting tofudabeast instead. Then there were sightings, noises heard, tracks found, etc. over the next several years. :wink:

4 Likes

I wrote out a list of ideas of things to make and I think I almost have it narrowed down. :blush:

3 Likes

I was going to craft only from stash, but I already broke down and ordered pretty fabric because I knew @JoyfulClover would like it. :woman_shrugging:

5 Likes

I am still thinking about what I want to make.

5 Likes

Aww, you are so sweet, MM! And I’m incredibly intrigued!
I know I will love it!

I played around with some sizes today, using my XXXX as a tester. But what shape works best?

3 Likes

The tofu block shape SLAYS!

4 Likes

I’m so excited for partners. I’m pretty sure that I’ve never swapped with SaintCady, so this will be extra fun. I have an idea, but now I just have to see if I can make the picture I have in my mind come to life. We shall see!!!

3 Likes

I just ran across this looking for birthday gifts for my Dad. He loves Crypids too. Anyways, it randomly popped up and is so cute.

They have other books too; Don’t eat me Chupacabra, Hush now Banshee, Get dressed Sasquatch, and Goodnight Krampus. Too cute!!!
6 Likes

That Banshee is so precious! How could I have forgotten her?

Do y’all remember the Hallmark ecards featuring the Screaming Banshee? (Warning, LOUD)
https://www.hallmarkecards.com/ecards/one-big-scream-nfz1828

There are different ones. The dating one is a trip.

3 Likes

Omg hilarious! Her poor coworkers and stall mate in the bathroom! :joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

I got a quick sketch made for my item for @saintcady this morning. I was just too excited!

5 Likes

I started last night!!! It was like the perfect partner with the perfect inspiration with the perfect supply all fell together and I stayed up WAYYY to late!

6 Likes

Those are the best moments. :blush:

4 Likes

Y’all are freaking me out; I haven’t even started planning! That’s what this weekend is for… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

Don’t worry. I’m with you!

4 Likes

Dont freak. Its a small and I have ample craft time.

5 Likes

Oh good! I’m with you both!

4 Likes