Completed - Easter Egg Swap sign ups Feb 10 -17 Sent out March 24

I didn’t think about magnets! That’s good one.

This is my list:

1. Jewelry or jewelry making supplies
  2. Coffee, chocolate, candies, or other foods.
  3. Lip balm, lotion, fancy soap, bath bombs
  4. Adult merit badge, miniatures, OTT type items
  5. Craft supplies
  6. Anything from my Pinterest or anything that inspires you!
2 Likes

My list

1. magnets
  2. doo dads/whimsies (I want to start collecting for assemblage)
  3. watercolor tubes
  4. cling stamps and/or stamp pads
  5. simple jewelry, chapstick

Surprises always are good!

4 Likes

I can’t play, but always have ideas:
Inchies or Inchie dice
Egg-in-an-egg (pysanky or crocheted or painted wooden…)
Decorated paper clips
A ring pincushion
Tiny book
Tiny doll or peg doll
Tiny Amigurumi
Mini-bunting
Ribbon-style bookmark
Pencil topper
Tiny-spool-based altered art
Zipper-pull or purse decoration
Brooch
Elastic headband
Little felt ornament
Stitch markers

Can’t wait to see what everyone makes!

6 Likes

It would be fun to make a ring pin cushion. I could needle felt a cute and practical little thing.

3 Likes

I requested magnets, tiny jewelry, easterween, anything pastel colored. I didn’t stress too much about it because I LOVE being surprised. I know thats not very helpful to my partner tho!

5 Likes

I hate the part of filling out what I want because I never know. I just like to participate! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Aaaargh! It is KILLING me not to sign up for this one! I keep having to stop myself from thinking, “But it will be so low-stress… maybe I could squeeze it in…”

But my son is moving out of our home into his own apartment in March, and I’ll have lots of projects on my plate to help him get his first independent place all set up.

Everyone else should sign up! Can’t wait to see the gallery!

7 Likes

How interesting. What size are the eggs? I’ve only ever seen paper eggs around here.

2 Likes

I was thinking tiny origami or tiny books or fimo something? Also a friendship bracelet or tiny macrame (is anyone here doing that?)
oooh, maybe some positive affirmations rolled up like scrolls?
I’m on the fence bec I’ll be out of town right at the end of the crafting period and not sure I can get it all prepped & ready a week or more in advance! But I’m still very very tempted…

5 Likes

Thanks for sharing your list. It sounds like such a fun swap and such a fun idea! I’m glad @gozer suggested it!!!

5 Likes

I love the idea of positive affirmations spilling out of an egg.

5 Likes

@Annchen they are about the size of a real chicken egg. That’s interesting. I assumed they were in every country that celebrates Easter.

5 Likes

Ours are something like this:

https://images.app.goo.gl/Ki7Lh6qTKJ64vGpc6

They can be different sizes but I’d say 10-15 cm long is pretty standard. I haven’t seen any chicken egg sized, but they might exist.

A child would get one or maybe two paper eggs since you can cram quite a lot of treats into it. Pre plague it was pretty common for larger ones to show up in the workplace lunch room as a treat.

5 Likes

Oh, those are lovely! We have smaller, more cheaply made eggs because it is a tradition for the Easter bunny to hide the eggs and children have to search for them. Some towns have huge Easter egg hunts for the children in the community. A kid might collect dozens of them.

5 Likes

Sounds like fun! I will work on my signup in a bit!

3 Likes

OK, since I’ve sent out all my outstanding ATCs and am on track to send the Nerd Games package out on Monday, I decided to go ahead and sign up for this one. It looks so fun and cheerful!! Gonna order my eggs now. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

Also… I assume we aren’t doing THESE eggs? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Thems bigguns!

3 Likes

Paper beads would be cool to receive! I put like handmade tassels, itty bitty hooplas, eye glass holders, bookmarks, brads or closures of some type, charms and interesting buttons.

We have nothing here magnets stick to so they are never my go to. But, there’s so many ideas from everyone so far!

@roler they sell those at the 5 quarter store and she did say the size egg is up to the sender LOL

2 Likes

Does anybody else bookmark this sort of post for random later stalking purposes? I know whatchall like and Imma save it to make surprises!

6 Likes