COMPLETED - Go Bananas Swap (Sendouts Extended till 5/16)

Yassssss!

But also…Happy Easter! Get the Bunny Stuffs!

3 Likes

I’m looking forward to getting started! :smiley:

1 Like

I just wanted to remind everyone, even though the theme here is to “Go Bananas”, we all are well aware of the current craziness happening across the globe. Life has been upended for everyone, whether or not their job or income have been effected. In addition to asking you to craft something lovely for your partner, I am urging you all to really dig through your stash, see what beautiful bits and bobs are there. Push your creativity, by crafting something amazing, with what you have. While you of course can order supplies, don’t feel like this theme is forcing you to do so.

When I was in college, my theatre design professors always told us that out of time, money and talent, you can pick just two. With enough time, and tons of talent, you can do something amazing with no money. With tons of money and talent, you can do something in virtually no time. And with enough time and money, you can get away with being completely untalented.

I can’t wait to see what you all create for your partners. :heart:

7 Likes

Pam squared (me and my partner) were talking about jars of whimsies. Remember the jar of whimsies swaps? What an excellent way to destash and spoil at the same time.

7 Likes

What a fun idea

1 Like

My first ever swap was a JoW swap!!! I still have bits in jars from a couple of those.

Yeah I’m working on a couple of other swaps first because once I start on this one I wanna really dig in and concentrate. Fortunately I’ve got plenty of time on my hands lately, so it should be just fine! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I am in the planning phase. I can’t wait to start!

1 Like

I’ve been down for the count for two days, so the house is a total wreck. I need to straighten up/clean up today. But I’ve been thinking about what I want to do thru all this so once I can get started, I’ll be ready.

1 Like

Tossing some ideas around in my head. Not sure where I’ll land yet! Excited for this to get going.

2 Likes

I’ve got a few ideas already - time to go look through the stash and see which ones I have supplies for!

2 Likes

I straightened up the house, feel better, so tomorrow I will be starting on L2L’s project!

I’ve written down all the ‘bulletpoint’ information I need from L2L’s questionnaire in my swap notebook. I just need her to answer a few questions and then I’ll go up into my craft room and start choosing fabrics.

Also, I was bored the other night so I went online and started applying for freebies. Some of it was fabric. I received a nice couch/drape upholstery sample that had the word ‘imagine’ on it yesterday. Today a received three big stacks of square samples of upholstery in all different colors. They look perfect for boro/slow cloth stitching or as accents for things. Just an idea for people who might be as bored as I am. (I searched for free fabric samples and some of them just happened to be upholstery.)

4 Likes

Here I am again! I’m just so excited!

I just went upstairs to my craft room to find some thematic fabric (L2L and I agreed on a beach themed prayer flag bunting.). Because I love the beach, I have a ton of fabric that is PERFECT and a lot of fabric that can be used in imaginative ways to be perfect!

However, you should have seen me and my two high school aged daughters try to figure out the math for the size of each of the flags relative to how much space I could put between them with the length I had to use. It was really pathetic, but I think we worked it out. :crazy_face:

My younger DD is going to put highlights in my hair in a minute, so I’ll have to go thru the fabric after that and make some plans. I have so many ideas going thru my head!

2 Likes

It’s a long and squishy small space, but I’m sure you are up to the challenge! A homeschool gift from me to your kiddos!

1 Like

I am not sure what I will be making, too many ideas at this moment :blush:

1 Like

I quietly started over here! Almost done with phase 1 of one item…:thinking:

1 Like

So intriguing!!

I am wiggling around with stuffs. I am going to see if I can dye x with x from stash. Hummm

2 Likes

You had me at “dye.”

And I finished Phase 1!

2 Likes

Lots of thinking and skulking about on Pinterest and Craftster… My son’s birthday is this weekend and is absorbing all my crafting time. But after that, I’m diving into this swap full-time!

2 Likes