COMPLETED - Halloween Flat Rate Swap Send Outs October 18th

Is anyone watching Halloween shows yet? I always watch the Halloween Baking Championship, and it starts today. It really gets me into the season. :fallen_leaf:

1 Like

Yes. I started with Practical Magic and I am going through all the Disney movies next.

1 Like

I have saving rewatching all the Bobs Burgers and Brooklyn 99 Halloween episodes for October!

Anthrozoology!

Also, Halloween Baking Championship? I’ll have to find that one!

1 Like

I always watch horror movies but I started watching some Disney Halloween shows.

1 Like

I heard Haunted Mansion would be on Disney+ in October. I thought it was really weird that they released it in August. Maybe they were timing it to be a Disney+ movie. I didn’t see it in theaters, but I plan to watch it.

1 Like

My husband and I watch a few of these types of shows on Discovery+. I like watching the seasonal ones to get into the spirit of the season. I hadn’t even thought of starting the Halloween shows yet, thanks for the nudge!

1 Like

I loved Halloween Wars until the Ghost Hunters guy took it over. I love the paranormal shows but I watch them all year round.

2 Likes

If you’re on the fence, the sign-ups end on the 15th! Don’t miss out on the scary goodness!

1 Like

Yes, Halloween Wars! That’s the show we’ve watched the past few years. I think we started with old seasons, so I don’t know if we’ve gotten to the host you mentioned.

@gozer, if we edit the questionnaire in the message we sent you, will that throw things off for you? I added an idea of something I’d like to receive and I was going to add in something I wouldn’t like to receive, but thought I’d better double check first.

1 Like

If you edit, just let me know. I copy the questionnaires onto a Word Document and send partners from there. It’s easier than scrolling through all of my messages.

Okay, glad I asked! That sounds like a much smarter way of keeping things organized.

I haven’t started watching anything Halloween yet, but I have listened to some music. I finished reading a book about a haunted hacienda.

1 Like

I’ve watched some creepy shows lately…
Brand New Cherry Flavor
A Knock at the Cabin Door
And Tucker and Dale vs. Evil

All good fun in their own ways.

I need a good creepy story to read/listen too though. Shows too. Recommendations always welcome! :ghost:

2 Likes

The book that I read was called Hacienda by Isabel Cañas.

M.R. James is my favorite gothic writer.

I enjoyed This House is Haunted by John Boyne, but it’s been a while since I’ve read it.

I’ve read The Haunting of Ashburn House by Darcy Coates. I enjoyed it, I’ll probably read more of hers.

I didn’t really like the two books I read by Ruth Ware, so I probably won’t read any more by her.

2 Likes

And creepy music too @irid3sc3nt ! I know you’ve got some good ones on your playlists.

2 Likes

:rofl: This is true, although it’s not all creepy per se. 78 songs for about 4 and a half hours of play.

1 Like

I’m not a big fan of creepy stories, but I do like cozy mysteries. Some of my favorite Halloween ones are the ‘Bewitched by Chocolate,’ series by H.Y. Hanna (I actually enjoy listening to all her series) and ‘The Great Witches Baking Show’ series by Nancy Warren. Neither is strictly Halloween, but the subject matter is Halloweenish enough for me :blush:.

1 Like

I love Holiday themed cozy mysteries! I am currently reading Halloween Murder Party and I have two more ready behind that. If I get those done I can read a Thanksgiving one in November and move on to a Christmas themed in December, but the Halloween ones are my favorites.

1 Like

Oh, lol, I should have answered you about some songs.

If you want something slow, I would say Dark Night of Our Soul by Dangerhorse. It’s Danger Mouse and Sparklehorse collaborating.

A fast cover is Red Right Hand performed by Arctic Monkeys.

A “story” song is Pirate Jenny by Nina Simone. One of my favs.

If you do not want vocals, Night of the Vampire by The Moontrekkers is awesome but I ganked it from YouTube with an old app. I think it came from a 45 originally?

Probably the most recent is The Ghost Who Walks by Karen Elson and Walking with a Ghost by Tegan and Sara. :laughing:

I am thinking about adding Leni by Crystal Castles because it has an interesting vibe to it. I just heard it about a month ago.

Oh! Another fun one is Ace of Spades by Chimney Choir. It isn’t necessarily “Halloween” but I get the feel of it from the design of the music.

Anywho, if y’all have suggestions, lmk.

2 Likes