COMPLETED - Halloween Flat Rate Swap Send Outs October 18th

I just listen to the NBX sound track, both the original and Nightmare Revisted. It has the songs done by various artists like Fallout Boy, Korn, Sparklehorse, Tiger Army, and others.

2 Likes

Wow, I haven’t heard them in more than a few hot minutes.

I’ll have to listen to Nightmare Revisited, I didn’t know it existed.

1 Like

Its old. LOL! I looked it up, 1993. Ha! Some songs are good, some are not so good.

1 Like

Oh okay, 1993 would make sense, then. I was thinking more recent. It’s funny I saw a thingy on Instagram about people in their 40s/late 30s when you say 20 years ago I think 80s, but you really mean the early 2000s. groans
I’m stuck at an age, apparently.

3 Likes

Early 2000s!? That just sounds like nonsense…until I do the math, lol.

3 Likes

Or the first time you hear bands from the 90’s called classic. Dagger to the heart!

4 Likes

My son’s alternative radio station has intermittently been playing 90s songs.
I also saw a girl dressed exactly like the 90s in the Target parking lot and I visibly was taken a step back. It was like being in a time warp.

4 Likes

I looked into ‘Halloween Party Murder’ and it’s available for less than $5 on Audible. It looks like I’ll be listening to that one soon! I like that the series is all holiday based. Depending on how the first goes, I may have a new book for each of the upcoming holidays!

Speaking of Halloween books, I listened to Disney’s ‘Hocus Pocus’ last year or the year before. I hadn’t seen the movie and when I saw that the book had been released along with the second Hocus Pocus story, I thought it sounded like fun Halloween reading. After listening to the book, I reluctantly watched the movie and I have to say, this was one of those times the movie was definitely better than the book.

I’m excited for partners! I have all kinds of ideas swirling around, I’m just waiting to see if any of them will fit with my partner’s style.

2 Likes

Okay, jumping off the fence into the pumpkin patch! :jack_o_lantern:

3 Likes

Also in the discussion of Halloween movies, does anyone else love Garfield’s Halloween Adventure?

1 Like

I’m reading it on my lunch breaks now, and it is more of a political cozy mystery than Halloween. The only thing Halloween is that the incident occurs at a Halloween party, in a brief scene.

1 Like

Welcome in!

LAST DAY! I’m closing sign-ups at NOON (EST).

1 Like

The Jason Crane book series by Richard Gleaves had me hooked from almost the first minute! (Think Headless Horseman.) I read them on Kindle Unlimited and I may read them again this year. If you don’t have Kindle unlimited, it’s worth getting JUST for this series, in my opinion.

Also, I’ll put in a solid plug for Dr. Potter’s Medicine Show. This was written by @TheMistressT ’s honey and it’s a creepy ride like no other!

5 Likes

I just sent in my signup at the last minute. Excited to be making some Halloween goodies!

4 Likes

GRRR! I am playing catch up. I am not getting any notifications to threads. Right now I am trying to find some good ghost stories and I’m reading all the Miss Marple mysteries and Shady Hollow. It is like Mr. Fox meets Agatha Christie.

This morning I was watching old Halloween commercials from the 80’s-90’s. They are so bad but I LOVE and collect the McDonalds nugget toys and pails from that time period.

3 Likes

I remember those nuggets. You could switch their costumes.

2 Likes

Officially Closed! I will send out questionnaires and partners soon.

Update: You should have your partners. I hope everyone has fun and let me know if you have any issues.
:ghost: :jack_o_lantern: :ghost:
jack_o_lantern
:ghost: :jack_o_lantern: :ghost:

2 Likes

That was quick! I’m looking forward to swapping with @jillybeans, this will be our first time swapping with each other!

ETA - who’s your partner @gozer?

2 Likes

I couldn’t join. I have this darned craft booth to prepare for. It is a bummer that I am missing so many great swaps. I was able to join the STS because I already had stuff made for that though, so I am still swapping. :wink:
But I am happy to do the craft booth so I can donate to a lovely cause, the shelter I foster for and adopt from. :smile:

3 Likes