COMPLETED - Inchie Dice Swap (signup 1/27 - 2/9; send outs 3/14)

One of my recent obsessions is this double sided Scor Tape. It’s super sticky and might be good for something like this if you don’t already have a preferred adhesive.

2 Likes

Imma start with a cube, and end up with a wooden marble!

2 Likes

Cubes are prepped and decisions are made - such fun :smiley:

1 Like

I got my blocks from @geekgirl yesterday. I had already started my inchies and now I’m even more excited to see how they look on the blocks. Such a fun swap.

1 Like

My inchies are currently hanging out under a pile of textbooks, trying to flatten back out before being attached to my cubes.
They are cute, but I feel like something is missing. I’m hoping I will figure out what that is once I have them all glued up.

2 Likes

I have one idea solidly in hand- I had the basic idea, but consulted with my sister to see if I was on the right track and to give me an idea to fill in a missing spot or two. I have progress reports grades to get out of the way, and then I can give these my full attention. I need to ponder the other set. I think I’ll review the questionnaire so I can let some ideas marinate in the back of my brain.

1 Like

I’ve just realised I have a busy weekend coming up and I’ve restricted my crafting time by booking a holiday. Oops. I have made some good progress today though.

Teeny tiny crafting is tough!!

2 Likes

I am also running into some timing issues.

Would people like another week to work on these?

4 Likes

Sure. I hope to get in the mail soon-ish due to travel time* but a little breathing space would be great.

*Travel time of the postal system, not me.

2 Likes

Had a great time with the swap once I got on a roll - thanks for hosting geekgirl.
got mine sent out this morning. :slight_smile: good on extensions as well

2 Likes

If it will help people out, then I’m happy for an extension, I hope that now I’ve got over my procrastination, I can make good progress before the weekend :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well, my child’s birthday party is over, but I’m still picking up after it, so I wouldn’t say no to another week for breathing room.

2 Likes

ok everyone, I’m going to extend send outs by a week.

7 Likes

Thank you!!!

1 Like

Hey, what is everyone doing to seal their inchies? And how are you adhereing?

1 Like

I used gel medium, I would have used glossy accents but mine was old and discolored and did not want to chance yellowing my inchies then I used clear varnish to seal them. but will be buying new glossy accents I like how it can be used as an glue and seal in the work in one step.

4 Likes

Thanks for the extension! It’s always nice to have just a little more time.
I’m struggling with adding embellishments to my graphics. I don’t want to over do it but I they need something!
I’m taking some time to sit with it for a bit. Maybe peruse some Pinterest’s for some inspiration.

2 Likes

Okay, so I picked up a matte gel medium to make them stick!

I have redrawn multiple sets now. I need to pick a lane and just move forward. Anaylsis paralysis has set in.

2 Likes

Omg. Same. I just played Sophie’s Choice with the lot of them. Harder than you’d think!

I have some gel medium in my stash! Great tip.

2 Likes

I made one too many inchies and I am having a hard time picking which to eliminate.

3 Likes