COMPLETED - Inchie Dice Swap (signup 1/27 - 2/9; send outs 3/14)

Hello fellow countryperson

2 Likes

Hi, I am loving your themes :smiley:

1 Like

Perhaps I need to remind myself what they are!!! :wink:

There is always ā€œartistā€™s choiceā€ as well!!

1 Like

Ditto! I have an idea or two that is percolating through my brain. This will be fun!

1 Like

I added us to the partner list

2 Likes

Yay partners! :green_heart:

2 Likes

painting my blocks and planning my inchies - too much fun.

2 Likes

So excited to get down to crafting today!

1 Like

I have a fairly solid idea for 1 partnerā€¦ but am still pondering the other one. I didnā€™t get anything done this weekend (round 1 of the shingles vaccine kicked my butt), but having settled on at least 1 idea makes me happy!

1 Like

My partners have some cool themes that I want to do, but Iā€™m feeling slightly daunted by the small-ness of this.
Perhaps I shouldnā€™t have said anything about a swap!!!

Iā€™m doing some tutorials to get my confidence up to making the real thing.

3 Likes

I dug through my stuff looking for x.

Now I have a bigger mess, and no x.

4 Likes

I hate it when that happens. :laughing:

I have cubes! And ideas! ā€¦and a last-minute adventure birthday party to plan for next Monday, so there may not be dice-making until next week.

2 Likes

I have an idea. I think I will start working it out tonight. Still waiting for my cubes to arrive.

I got most of my designs done. I ordered a 1" square punch today to make sure they are evenly cut. It was harder to find than i thought!

Yā€™all. Things went sideways last night. It was a right mess. BUT it seemed to even out, so Iā€™m going back in tonight. and have 2 ideas for how to handle the base. hummā€¦

I really want a dremmel.

3 Likes

Yikes! Now I am super curious! :astonished:

Well, I donā€™t know how I feel about those super sharp cubie edges. But once they are gone, theyā€™re gone.

But I have many cubies. so I can test one and see what I think. Also, I found a package of just ONE inch blocks (I am not using them, it just struck me as funny - they are WEE). So many random bits.

1 Like

I am thinking about gently sanding the corners down, trying hard not to get drasticā€¦

2 Likes

Got my blocks. Made some squares. Got a few to hash out yet. My next task: preparing the blocks and gluing stuff on. @geekgirl Any tips or tricks?

2 Likes

I lightly sanded any rough spots. I didnā€™t go too crazy because I wasnā€™t confident in my ability to keep it even if I did a lot of sanding. the first set I made I painted on a layer of gesso then black paint. This time I am using black gesso and I like the coverage I am getting. I wonā€™t have to do as many layers which will help it look more even.

When I glued on I just used my 2-way scotch scrapbook glue applicator. but I only glued one side at a time and let it dry with that side on top. otherwise I had inchies sliding down the sides. but I think almost any glue would work. except maybe glue sticks. I donā€™t see that having staying power.

3 Likes