COMPLETED - Make a Pouch + Fill It Swap - Send Outs 5/25/2022

3d printers, vinyl cutter/press, even a wood laser cutter I didn’t know about. And a green room for audio-visual. I love the library!

5 Likes

I’m so jealous. Our library is tiny, which is fine because we are a small rural community. However, the ultra-conservative Christians in our community drive the book selections and other resources. You will find shelf after shelf of Christian romance novels and next to nothing on mental health, modern science, or recent non-fiction. And don’t even get my kids started on the lack of book diversity. We live two blocks away and never go there. :sob:

1 Like

How sad that some people do these things. This conservative Christian is on your side, @MightyMitochondria!!

And @Magpie your library sounds amazing!!

4 Likes

Score: i have all my supplies! I won’t have crafting time until the weekend, alas. But i had fun hunting down items to include and rediscovered some fabric i thought I’d lost!

1 Like

I made a pouch on the weekend from an online pattern that just wasn’t very good. Not 100% happy with the results but Rob thinks it looks great so I’m sitting with it for a while to see if I warm up to it. I have another idea but hoo boy, that pattern is a doozy. Maybe, maybe, maybe I’ll attempt it this week. I need a sharp mind to get it right. I don’t know about you but I’m pretty bonked after a day at the office so it might have to wait until this weekend.

1 Like

I was out of town this past weekend but did find something to use for a filler that I think @SonjaBoo will like!

@Magpie, it’s hard to craft after a long day at work, isn’t it? I’m using weekdays for fillers work and planning to make the pouch itself this weekend :slight_smile:

1 Like

Started making a lil sumpthin’! And I found a couple things while out shopping this weekend, too!

2 Likes

I have my pouch planned, but am hoping to finish another project before starting the pouch. Theoretically, the pouch should be easy to make, just time consuming. I have one filler and a not yet fully developed idea for another one. I just looked at the calendar and saw that send outs are 2 weeks from today, so it should all work out!

3 Likes

I gathered some filler items and got the supplies for the pouch. I should be able to work some this weekend. It’ll be a fun, relaxing project. I am looking forward to it.

2 Likes

The filler ideas are great! I am going to use some of these ideas in the future for happy mail outs!

2 Likes

Found the last of the fillers that i wanted to search for. Now to remember where I put that one filler that i found on the first day of the assigned partners, and put it “in a safe place” …. DOH. :wink:

1 Like

I have an idea of the pouch and fillers but haven’t done anything yet. Time to get moving!

1 Like

We have a week and a half left.
Let’s do a quick check in: how is everyone doing?
@AudiobookLover @geekgirl @Bunny1kenobi @gozer @Camelama @MightyMitochondria @Magpie @HolographicDreams @SonjaBoo @jillybeans @Fonduie

I procrastinated because it’s been a heck of a week for me. I had my last day at my old job on Tuesday and started a new job Wednesday of this week. But, I’ve started tonight! I think if my idea works out, it’ll be a fun pouch.

2 Likes

I have all my supplies & extras. Saturday is chores, Sunday is crafting, Woo!

2 Likes

I’m finishing up a Mother’s Day gift, that I expect to have done at the start of next week (darn it!). After that, I’m going full swap mode!

2 Likes

I made part of a thing today.
I have to trim my list, it’s really long, lol.

4 Likes

I’m procrastinating because I have too much on my to do list, but everything is planned and all i have to do is start. I already made extras. I just need tk do rhe main thing. :slightly_smiling_face::upside_down_face:

2 Likes

I got all the supplies and was going to start yesterday, but my pond is having issues so that set me back. I plan on doing it today. I bought a couple extras and have plans to make one small extra too.

1 Like

Still trying to decide on a pouch pattern. Sunday will be full but Monday is my day off so I hope to get some stuff done then. Made a couple of cute stuffing things and have a third in mind to start today.

2 Likes

I am procrastinating too. Just so dang tired after work & then we keep packing weekends with stuff. And for some reason I thought the cryptid swap was due BEFORE this one so’ve been panicking about the task I set out for myself there. But this is actually due first! LOL, what is my problem? We’ve had loads of extra time too. We both get the procraftination badge :joy:

We have a long car ride today & another tomorrow, I’m going to focus on this & get some stuff done.

3 Likes